Does Correia actually think She has a chance or is she just hoping for a payday?

Bethe obviously doesn't mind getting into the trash talk game. She started the whole 'taking down the four horsewomen' thingy with the intent of getting a shot at Ronda. I think she believes she can win and will continue to think she can until about 30 seconds into the fight.

I hope I am very wrong and that Bethe puts up a great fight and maybe even wins. I think the division needs an underdog to break through and get everyone else believing that Ronda is beatable. Otherwise the division is going to be a the most boring one in all of MMA until Ronda retires.

Bethe is as delusional as Ronda is when she thinks she's facing real competition.

if i had to guess i would say she thinks she has a legit shot, when you're undefeated you tend to buy into yourself and get a bit cloudy, Betch really doesn't know what she's getting into

Of course she does, tf. She wouldn't be in mma if she wasnt.

Honda is on another level right now. As far as I've seen, Bethe just doesn't have the skills to get a win over Rousey unless she lands a powerful haymaker or by some act of god, ends up taking Honda's back.

Won't happen though. I do hope the fight gives us some funny shoop material or booty dancing. I'll be happy for either one.

I doubt her payday will be that big, 30k for being challenger from Reebok and I highly doubt UFC is close to matching that

She seems very confident, lots of trash talk at the staredown and really trying to get under rouseys skin.

Is this just a plan to hype the fight and get a decent pay check or does she honestly think she will win?

Bethe appears to have that weird baseless fearless confidence/delusion that James Toney has, where they seem to not even understand that there's a possibility of losing even though the deck is stacked so ridiculously against them. BJ Penn and Dan Henderson appear to have this mentality too to an extent, where they don't really seem to appreciate the risks and have a bizarre iron-clad belief in themselves to win when it's patently obvious to everyone else that they can't win. Although this mindset means those fighters sometimes get cut down in miserable fashion, it can also be a benefit sometimes. If Bethe walked in there knowing she was going to get her arm popped, she would fight with fear and would have even less chance. As it is, she's going in there to get her arm popped but doesn't know it, and is going to fight to win even though she can't.

I'd say she believes she'll win. I really think she doesn't realize what who she's about to step into the cage with. She probably thinks fighting Ronda is just like fighting Jessamyn or Shayna.

That brings up an interesting question. If Bethe taps quickly and Ronda breaks her arm regardless would Ronda be suspended by the athletic commissions?

I'm assuming you mean after the ref indicates the fight was over. I'd think she would be suspended but it depends on whether it was determined to be intentional or an accident. If she argues it was an accident (for instance it breaks at the same moment the fight was stopped) and the athletic commission believes her then she may not face repercussions.

That's my guess but I'm not sure how lenient athletic commissions in Brazil are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back