Does Correia actually think She has a chance or is she just hoping for a payday?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ivory suit, Jul 31, 2015.

1. ivory suit

ivory suit Purple Belt

She seems very confident, lots of trash talk at the staredown and really trying to get under rouseys skin.

Is this just a plan to hype the fight and get a decent pay check or does she honestly think she will win?

2. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

She thinks she'll win. She's undefeated - and even if that's against subpar competition, it does wonders for your confidence. Plus she's surrounded by a whole camp doing pretty much nothing but telling her "you've got this!".

3. Hoist Gracie

Hoist Gracie Green Belt

Well, it's an easy $8000 just to get tossed and tapped in 30~ seconds.

4. Buckeye4Life

Buckeye4Life Blue Belt

I think she has total confidence in herself. Yes, she does want a payday. IF (and that's a big if) she wins the pay days will only get bigger.

5. ivory suit

ivory suit Purple Belt

Does Bethe get PPV points ?

6. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

Just a pay day. I'm sure she realizes the odds of her winning are slim. Now the real question is how much extra do you make fighting for the title? Most of the time the UFC has the money you get for showing and money you get for winning. Have to assume bethe will only get her show money. Her paycheck will be cut in 1/2 . I assume she will get a hell of a back room bonus?

7. Yes TS, some people believe in themselves at what they do. If she really did her homework and worked just as hard as Ronda, she should be confident.

8. SingaPlata

SingaPlata Yellow Belt

This is actually a good question. I honestly believe the poor soul really has high hopes on winning and not just for the payday

TS you just made me start feeling sorry for her

Ok... That was emotional.

I'm done feeling sorry and ready to see her get pounded and finished intentionally in round 2

9. mkt

mkt Silver Belt

Yeah, as long as she taps fast and Ronda doesn't turn into a Palhares. It's all fun, games and an easy payday until bones are broken.

10. sosy1325

sosy1325 Orange Belt

Let me pull out my Mind Reading Device and find out...

11. Vergilius

Vergilius Purple Belt

She believes she'll win and so she should. But her sweet ass is getting spanked tomorrow night.

12. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

That brings up an interesting question. If Bethe taps quickly and Ronda breaks her arm regardless would Ronda be suspended by the athletic commissions?

13. mkt

mkt Silver Belt

Great advice. If you did your homework and worked as hard as an Olympic sprinter or swimmer, you should be just as confident of winning a gold medal as they are...right?

Seriously, the competition gap in WMMA is almost that big. We're talking about a lady who beat Julie Kedzie by SD (Kedzie has lost her last 4 fights, BTW). She has nothing for Ronda. Her biggest edge is fighting in Brazil. She better hope the fans and ref really help her out...

14. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

Uhm, no. You're not supposed to let go untill the ref stops the fight.

15. gspfedkobe24

gspfedkobe24 Black Belt

She is making atleast 6 figures you goon

16. Cuauhtemoc

Cuauhtemoc Pragmatic Technocratic Authoritarian

Probably...she made 12/12 on her last fight, but she will probably be cashing around 100 in this one. Not bad, she will get tossed, submitted and will leave without a scratch.

In the best case scenario she will lose but will look good enough to justify some other high profile matches against Miesha or Zingano.

17. mkt

mkt Silver Belt

To be fair, I've never noticed Ronda holding on to a sub after the ref stops the fight. She was completely heartless after injuring Meisha, but Meisha was the one who waited too long to tap.

18. slyslickNwicked

slyslickNwicked Brown Belt Platinum Member

Bethe knows she will buy a house with the money, after the ass whooping. She does however seem to foolishly believe in herself.

19. Godzilla3232

Godzilla3232 Red Belt

Everyone believes they can win. If she didn't she wouldn't even bother training or talking to Ronda to promote the fight. Since I doubt she's getting a % of the PPV she has no reason to train, try to mess with Ronda's head or sell this fight at all if she has no intention of winning.

This is a silly question.

20. Uber_Noober

Uber_Noober Red Belt

I think in her mind, she believes she will win. Unfortunately for her, she's delusional.