Does Conor McGregor embellish his Irish Accent.

WAR3MTA3

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Watched this video after reading that the UFC signed Joseph Duffy, and it seems like McGoats accent is less pronounced than it now is.

[YT]lkjwIZhT5hg[/YT]

For comparison....
[YT]8637h_SgqZg[/YT]

[YT]AzQ0Qv1hjNQ[/YT]

Of course he does, gotta milk that Irish fanbase's coin for the company.

I think he tries to speak more clearly now so that he doesn't get subtitled on American tv like Jojo Calderwood.

paddy-wanna-fight-about-it-meme-generator-big-whoop-you-wanna-fight-bout-it-e31287.jpg

He is developing an international language so that no matter what country you are from you will understand him. Conor bless.

He absolutely does. He is a fake. :icon_evil

He tones it down. He has a thick Dublin accent but puts on a weird accent for tv interviews. He talks different when he is being interviewed by people like SevereMMA as to when he is on American TV

It's hard to say. I have redneck friends who don't talk super redneck unless they're around people they're comfortable with. Same thing with my black friends. At work they talk like Obama, and then you go to their house and they sound like Dr. Dre.

I think it's possible he may just be more comfortable in front of a camera.

Gotta lure those billion of Irish PPV buys.

Even Quebec has a bigger population than Ireland...

His voiced has matured so much since then that I think it's a bit of a stretch to say he's putting up a facade. Rather than say he embellishes the accent, I think it's more accurate to say he embellishes, or embraces the phrases/expressions of Ireland.

It would be a bit weird to use the Ireland patriotism angle when you're mostly fighting/competing against other Irish people.

It's hard to say. I have redneck friends who don't talk super redneck unless they're around people they're comfortable with. Same thing with my black friends. At work they talk like Obama, and then you go to their house and they sound like Dr. Dre.

I think it's possible he may just be more comfortable in front of a camera.

surely that has to be awesome?!?

I know a lot of people from the UK who live in the US. Many of them are self conscious of their accent and will play it down a bit in America.

He smartly tones it down so that he can be understood.. As an Irish man living in the US I understand the annoyance of having to always repeat myself haha.. i dont think he even had any coaching he was just smart enough to change his pronunciation.

He got bashed for this by the Irish who thought he was trying to sound American. But you would have to live in the US to understand why. Well those who were not smart enough to conjure it up themselves..

I know a lot of people from the UK who live in the US. Many of them are self conscious of their accent and will play it down a bit in America.
The interview portion in the first video before the Duffy fight, his accent isn't that pronounced. But recently it seems to be more so.

Either way, I love the guy and can't wait for the Siver fight.

Whats an Irish accent because thats a Dublin one.

Irish people also tend to talk very fast or so I've been told. Be thankful he's a jackeen and not a langer/culchie or you'd still need subs.

[YT]Omtfe7lb-gE[/YT]

Nah, many Irish people have heavy accents. Is normal.

I live right beside where conor grew up. He tries to enunciate his words when speaking these days, so its actually the opposite of what the TS is suggesting, he's trying to tone down his dublin accent so he can be better understood.

Back