Does Conor McGregor Become the #1 Pound-for-Pound Fighter If He Beats RDA?

Does Conor McGregor Become the #1 Pound-for-Pound Fighter If He Beats RDA?

• Total voters
Not at all... I'm just really sick of Conor's fans. The hype, and bullshit is entering Ronda levels, here.

He has NEVER defended a UFC title.

That puts him in illustrious company. Along with other GOAT candidates like Johny Hendricks, Matt Serra, Suga Rashad, and Carla Esparza, etc...

Fuck... At least Rashad was undefeated when he won the title.

Does that make my position a little clearer ? Does that add perspective ?
I don't like his fans either, to me he's just another entertainer like all the other fighters but I am finding his haters just as intolerable as his fans !
He's undefeated in the UFC.

Ps, I definitely don't think he's anywhere near goat status, In fact, I don't think he'll ever get anywhere near goat status but as for current p4p, he's not too far away....

If you're the only simultaneous two weight champion, then you deserve to be p4p #1. I don't think he'll win, but if he does, he should be p4p #1.

tumblr_inline_nhsmuzzJhe1rql7h5.gif
thats right, be scared.. You were never the nr.1 anyways ;)

Absolutely. I would go as far as to say that if he were to do that and then get at least one defense with each belt, he'd be the undisputed GOAT.

That said, I think RDA subs him.

Not sure why #belt defences determines this for some people. P4P is imaginary, so everyone can have their own criteria, but multiple defences against lacklustre comp would mean nothing. If you base P4P on quality wins in multiple weightclasses then Conor taking belts from Aldo and RDA would surely put him in the mix.

I'd still put Jones ahead of him, based on his skills being transferrable through weightclasses (Jones is extremely well rounded) and overall body of work. But it would be close.
Spot on, defenses have no bearing on this type of discussion.

No because of Jon Jones. but he is 2nd to Jones

What? Not at all.

But wait. Is thia the momentarily P4P or the all time?

Obviously not

Do you people even know what goat is supposed to mean lol

Is this even a question? Fuck no. I can name 10 guys who have more skill then Conor. Goes to show the delusion.

He would have zero defenses in two divisions where he hasn't fought the guys that are bad stylistic match ups for him.

Mighty Mouse and Jones are miles ahead of everyone else

Conor could never be considered p4p number one until he defends his belt and cements his reign as champion.
Silva, aldo, jon jones, fedor they were great because how long they reigned.
If he wins the lw title but loses the fw title and fails to win his lw title defense thats not p4p 1.

Back