Does Conor McGregor Become the #1 Pound-for-Pound Fighter If He Beats RDA?

Does Conor McGregor Become the #1 Pound-for-Pound Fighter If He Beats RDA?

• Total voters
Holding two titles in two separate weight classes simultaneously?

If that doesn't make you #1p4p then what would?

not only will he become the number 1 pound for pound fighter, but he will also be dubbed "The Messiah of MMA".

No

He loses to Frankie and Khabib

I agree that Edgar would beat McGregor. He has the wrestling and the cardio. And his footwork and head movement is good enough to avoid taking huge shots.

Meber since 2008 and only 305 messages? You should better stick to posting little buddy!

Am I your little buddy like Gilligan? Do you want me to post small posts and be your buddy?

Post counts are worth as much as taint juice.

Edit : Wait you have 218 post and have been here since 2008 lol. So I'm really confused now. I guess I'll be your little buddy Skipper.

Yes.

He KO'd Aldo, who many consider one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time, was undefeated for 10 years and arguably P4P #1 and he KO'd him in 13 seconds to take the FW belt. Then if he takes the LW belt from RDA to become the only guy to hold two UFC belts at the same time in different divisions, it's huge. Beating Mendes for an interim title, beating Aldo for the official FW title and then beating RDA for the LW title.. that's some of the toughest back to back competition ever. He's definitely P4P #1 if he pulls this off.

Jones hasn't fought in over a year and Conor's wins over a prime Mendes, prime Aldo and prime RDA > the guys Jones has beaten, in my opinion. Many will disagree, but it's just my opinion. Conor's last 3 opponents.. man, that's some SERIOUS competition right there. If he knocks RDA out, there's no denying that Conor is the P4P #1 fighter in the world.

Nobody could beat Aldo and RDA and for Conor to have KO's over them in back to back fights, that's insane. Same with his win over Mendes, basically nobody can beat Mendes. Mendes only loses to fighters who are former, current or future champions. Almost nobody can beat that guy.

I don't see how anybody can be ahead of McGregor in the P4P rankings if he beats RDA. The only other guy who may arguably be ahead of him is Jones but Jones never accomplished what Conor might - taking two UFC belts from different divisions and holding them at the same time. He's beaten some amazing competition, but Conor has the bigger accomplishment and his competition (Mendes, Aldo & RDA) is tougher in my opinion because they're all in their primes right now, especially Aldo and RDA.

I've seen people say Aldo isn't in his prime anymore, but that's complete bullshit. Nobody could beat him and now that Conor beat him, he's not in his prime anymore? that's ridiculous. Mendes gave him a war, but Mendes is just that good. He is in his prime, too. Almost nobody can beat Chad, too, only Aldo, Conor and Frankie - all champions.

TL;DR - If Conor beats RDA, he's P4P #1. Jones hasn't fought in over a year and Conor's back to back wins over Mendes, Aldo and RDA > Jones' wins. Tougher competition, bigger accomplishment via holding two belts from different divisions at the same time, never been done before. I don't see how anybody is ahead of Conor if he beats RDA, especially if it's another knockout.

Jones has a case, but for me, the way Conor wins should count for something too, and nothing is more definitive than KO/TKO victories which is the method Conor has won 90% of his wins.

No, he's not...

He's a champ, his legacy is secure, from now on its about enhancing his legacy.

2 weight champ will devastate his haters, they know it will cement his Hall of fame status after just 8 UFC fights and leave them looking like the fools they are.

Oh and I'm not really sure why you are bringing up BJ, Anderson and the rest, this is a P4P discussion, not a goat discussion.
Aren't P4P and GOAT effectively the same thing?

He would probably deserve to be, but it wont happen.

Even if McGregor beats RDA, the salty Brazilians on the voting panel will make sure he can never be number one, just like he dropped in the p4p rankings when he beat Aldo according to the representative from Globo

Aren't P4P and GOAT effectively the same thing?
No.

P4P only includes active fighters.
GOAT, as the name implies means the greatest of all time which means any MMA fighter to have ever competed.

No.

P4P only includes active fighters.
GOAT, as the name implies means the greatest of all time which means any MMA fighter to have ever competed.
Makes sense, In which case McGregor could very well be P4P best under that criteria.

The only guy who can be ahead of him after beat RDA. But Jones has been inactive for a long time and hes never really fought guys bigger than him. To beat the champ at a higher weight class and the string of wins conor has going currently would put him ahead.

nah, it would be a great achievement but he didn't really beat many top guys, Aldo is one of the best wins in all of MMA of course. Mendes is also a solid win. Plus RDA he is on his way.

But Jones has beaten more top guys. DC, Machida, Rampage, Evans, TRT Vitor, Shogun were all top guys at the time. Plus all the other top 10 guys.

The only guy who can be ahead of him after beat RDA. But Jones has been inactive for a long time and hes never really fought guys bigger than him. To beat the champ at a higher weight class and the string of wins conor has going currently would put him ahead.

He doesn't even have a title defense though.

Not sure why #belt defences determines this for some people. P4P is imaginary, so everyone can have their own criteria, but multiple defences against lacklustre comp would mean nothing. If you base P4P on quality wins in multiple weightclasses then Conor taking belts from Aldo and RDA would surely put him in the mix.

I'd still put Jones ahead of him, based on his skills being transferrable through weightclasses (Jones is extremely well rounded) and overall body of work. But it would be close.

I'd still have him as no. 2 to Jones but he'd leapfrog Cruz, DJ and Werdum IMO with a win here.

You're one of those people who always backs the underdog and always picks someone else for sake of debate/argument, aren't you ?

Not at all... I'm just really sick of Conor's fans. The hype, and bullshit is entering Ronda levels, here.

He has NEVER defended a UFC title.

That puts him in illustrious company. Along with other GOAT candidates like Johny Hendricks, Matt Serra, Suga Rashad, and Carla Esparza, etc...

Fuck... At least Rashad was undefeated when he won the title.

Does that make my position a little clearer ? Does that add perspective ?

Back