Does conor actually hit hard enough?

That one was
The front body kick lands easier on shorter opponents. Remember when Cerrone finished Miller with one? Then finished him again with a kead kick ko?
impressive, as was the Rick Story fight. Cowboy runs hot/cold. Lets hope the hot version shows up Saturday

Probably not hard enough to clean KO Cerrone but hard enough to rock him and get the ball rolling downhill so to speak. The only way I see Conor losing is if he gasses himself trying to finish Cerrone but fails and then he resembles the Nate 1 Conor that was a sitting duck with little offense.

The last person we saw Conor punch was an elderly fella...and he easily shrugged it off. Perhaps the OP has a point.

Jarl

I guess me referencing the leg kicks that McGregor threw isn't credit enough for you.
what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it.

what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it.
What's ironic is that my post isn't incoherent, illogical, or rambling.

Cerrone never had a great chin. I always thought Conor had a solid chance to KO him, funny to see how the narrative has changed after Cerrone's last two losses.

Enough to knock Cowboy out, yes.

I just can't see a KO here, TKO yes.

Cowboy has never been Knocked out in over 50 fights including mma, kickboxing, muay thai, and boxing against much harder hitters. Conor has one knock out in his entire UFC career, against a featherweight, who added a bunch of momentum to Conor's really well timed and accurate strike.

Cerrone never had a great chin. I always thought Conor had a solid chance to KO him, funny to see how the narrative has changed after Cerrone's last two losses.
Until 2017 Cowboy had been TKOed only twice and by bodyshots.

In the last 3 years he has been knocked out with strikes by Masvidal, Till and by Gaethje (only 4 months ago).

hard enough
gettyimages-592625630jpg.jpg

This isn’t a troll thread. I know conor Has very good power at 45 and we don’t really know about 55. Eddie is notorious for getting rocked so I don’t really put too much into that. Sure he had some minor league kos at 55 but those are also hard to judge fairly.

at 170 he’s 1 and 1 with zero knockouts (or even UD right)

Cowboy has fought some heavy hitters like Melvin, lawler and till among others. I know till stopped him but he wasn’t even out from a massive guy like till. I know he’s good enough to win and even make cowboy break. But is his power really as scary as people are making it seem? Especially at 170.
It's the accuracy more than power

That one was

impressive, as was the Rick Story fight. Cowboy runs hot/cold. Lets hope the hot version shows up Saturday
Its amazing how different he is. Watch the Stephens fight. He was throwing everything. The loosest Ive seen him. The bigger the fight, the more the pressure creeps into his brain and the anxiety takes over.

This isn’t a troll thread. I know conor Has very good power at 45 and we don’t really know about 55. Eddie is notorious for getting rocked so I don’t really put too much into that. Sure he had some minor league kos at 55 but those are also hard to judge fairly.

at 170 he’s 1 and 1 with zero knockouts (or even UD right)

Cowboy has fought some heavy hitters like Melvin, lawler and till among others. I know till stopped him but he wasn’t even out from a massive guy like till. I know he’s good enough to win and even make cowboy break. But is his power really as scary as people are making it seem? Especially at 170.

Till and Masvidal both hurt Cerrone pretty badly. Gaethje knocked him onto the moon.

Nate Diaz, who has historically been very durable, got dropped by McGregor a few times. It’s a fair point about Eddie, and we are probably a little guilty of overrated that win/performance.......but he still hurt him with seemingly every shot. In four fights above 145 he has several knockdowns in two of them (the other two lasted maybe five rounds total and he wasn’t on offense for more than a couple of them on the aggregate).

I don’t think McGregor is going to spark him in the first exchange, but he’ll be in considerable danger during the first round. It’s not just the power but also how smoothly Conor slips telegraphed shots and connects with a counter. Donald has a problem being stiff in the early going and getting cracked. Jorge, Till and JG all got him that way....none of those were accumulation knockouts. Donald also gets hurt to the body, and I think Conor can hurt him that way too.

I still think the fight being at 170 helps Donald from a durability standpoint. Trimmed down at 155 I think he was more likely to get hurt to the body and at least as likely to get sparked. 170 works for Conor too, as it opens ip multiple pathways and it’s always nice not to cut weight.

Cerrone has a glass body and is usually pretty open to counters. Not exactly the best combo with a guy like Connor's timing and precision.

But Cowboy can pull some surprises sometimes. Regardless I expect fireworks.

Back