Does conor actually hit hard enough?

Power is relative to size, which is why guys like Hunt and Nelson tend to be difficult to put out. Conor had great success as a power striker in a division where he dwarfed his opponents by a considerable margin and also held a lot of reach over them.

When he fought Diaz the first time around he himself admitted that the added size meant his power did not translate as effectively and that bigger men take punches better, and the same will apply generally as he faces opponents his own size, or bigger. Eddie is a relatively small LW, so the exception should not be overstated. I expect Cowboy to make him look more vulnerable than people think.

Conor hits hard, but the truth is he excelled in a division where he could bully his opponents and impose his will. He does not deal well with pressure, and when he faces adversity he loses his relaxation, panics, and wastes energy suddenly, folding and eventually gassing, and even giving up. Fans will doubtlessly cite the second Diaz fight as evidence to the contrary, but that is the real exception to the rule at this point. Truth is, Conor is a chihuahua, bark heavy but ultimately insecure and prone to folding.

Conor likes to make his fans think he is supremely confident, but the truth is he comes across as someone who is trying to convince himself very hard to patch his insecurity.

Not at LW in general but Cowboy's chin is shot at this point and a stiff breeze will knock him over.

I

What does Poirier being a FW in 2014 have to do with anything? Do you know how fighting works? Porier said this in Nov 2019. After he had fought Gaethje, Michael Johnson, Holloway, Alvarez at 155. It doesn’t matter what that he was a FW when he was hit by Conor. He was hit by these guys throughout the fight. If you have ever trained or fought you would know you can get a sense of some ones power without having to be Ko’d.

Please explain to me logically how Conor would go from 145 to 170 by essentially just cutting less weight and suddenly lose his power.

It is a very basic logic, actually, but I'm not surprised you need assistance here.
The guys who are natural 170ers cut from, say, ~190 lbs. So once rehydratred, they are much heavier than Conor and are likely to deliver and absorb more power relative to a 145er facing Conor.

Impressive, no?

Yes he does.

At 170:
McGregor dropped Nate 3 times.
Masvidal couldn't.

At 155:
McGregor dropped Alvarez 5 times.
Poirier dropped Alvarez once in 2 fights.
Gaethje couldn't.

McGregor is the hardest hitter at 170 and below except Woodley perhaps. This "his power don't traslate to 155 or 170" is a hater crap.

But I do think Cowboy has tools the win the fight and people underestimate Cowboy greatly.

At 170 #1:
Conor couldnt do shit to out of shape Nate, was wobbled by Nate and resorted to Panic Wrestling him just to tap within ca. 10 seconds. Why is that?

Yes he does.

At 170:
McGregor dropped Nate 3 times.
Masvidal couldn't.

At 155:
McGregor dropped Alvarez 5 times.
Poirier dropped Alvarez once in 2 fights.
Gaethje couldn't.

McGregor is the hardest hitter at 170 and below except Woodley perhaps. This "his power don't traslate to 155 or 170" is a hater crap.

But I do think Cowboy has tools the win the fight and people underestimate Cowboy greatly.

Then why was Conrat vs Nate 2 a war in which Conrat won a majority decision meanwhile Masvidal battered Nate pillar to post, made it look easy.

Go to an Irish pub and see for yourself
You must be THIS old to fight McGregor at a pub:
conor2.jpg

Cerrone never had a great chin. I always thought Conor had a solid chance to KO him, funny to see how the narrative has changed after Cerrone's last two losses.
Are you fucking serious? Cerrone had a iron chin his whole career and used it as a weapon. He has never been out cold. Till broke his nose, Jorge hurt him to the body, but Cerrone played it off like he was hurt to the head. Justin was the first to put him on queer street due to a head shot.

Speed kills and Im no Conor fan. Thats just facts.

Seems

like those teep kicks will be a bigger problem, seems like Cowboy folds under body attack
The front body kick lands easier on shorter opponents. Remember when Cerrone finished Miller with one? Then finished him again with a kead kick ko?

i think some may be overestimating his power even at 170. cowboy doesnt have a great chin anymore but conor at 170 isnt throwing the same power shots that he does at 155 and 145. nate has been dropped by a lot of people, masvidal just battered him and made it look easy a few months ago

cowboy was in a dogfight with tony, a great fight with iaquinta etc. i wouldnt be surprised if he eats conors shots and conor ends up tiring out

Its not just his power, it's his speed and accuracy. Speed kills.

It is a very basic logic, actually, but I'm not surprised you need assistance here.
The guys who are natural 170ers cut from, say, ~190 lbs. So once rehydratred, they are much heavier than Conor and are likely to deliver and absorb more power relative to a 145er facing Conor.

Impressive, no?

Lol I’m sure you have an impressive exercise physiology background.

I never disagreed with that. Can you even read? I would agree with that statement 100%. If Conor moved up to HW would he have the same power if you measured it as he does at FW? Yes more than likely. But would that power be able to finish a HW guy like stipe? Obviously not. That’s an extreme example but that’s not what I was arguing at all. The guy said that Conor has lost power. Moving up in weight and bigger guys absorbing punches better does not equal a loss of power. Conors power would be a stable factor. It would be the ability to absorb the power that is the changing variable bud. I never argued that. I never said conor would one punch KO WWs. Even Conor said in the past these guys absorb shots better and he has to pace himself. I said it was crazy to portray it as Conor is old and over the hill and somehow lost his punching power by moving up in weight at the ripe age 31.

Conor has KO’d one guy and that was Aldo.

He’s not a power puncher but his punch selection and timing are his deadliest weapons.

Cerrone will being going down regardless, just here to cash that check

Stiff, little head movement, slow, old, cracked chin, two stoppage losses in a row.....yeah, Cowboy has a great chance

not a connor fan however i think his accuracy and speed are incredible. both of those elements create a power of their own especially if he hits cerrone in the body heh

Meh Cerrone is way past it. It's honestly hilarious to watch some people break this down like it's a real fight. It's another handpicked gimme fight for Conor.

I hope it backfires on him like the Diaz fight, but I doubt it. Completely different style matchup. Conor wins in two, probably in the first. But it's a meaningless win.

It's never about his raw power. All of his TKO's/KO's/finishes have been a product of his incredible timing and accuracy. He catches guys coming in, off balance etc.

It really sucks how money and fame corrupted Conor and disrupted his ascension. Coming up his accuracy and timing was unlike anything I've ever seen in MMA.

Back