Does conor actually hit hard enough?

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This isn’t a troll thread. I know conor Has very good power at 45 and we don’t really know about 55. Eddie is notorious for getting rocked so I don’t really put too much into that. Sure he had some minor league kos at 55 but those are also hard to judge fairly.

at 170 he’s 1 and 1 with zero knockouts (or even UD right)

Cowboy has fought some heavy hitters like Melvin, lawler and till among others. I know till stopped him but he wasn’t even out from a massive guy like till. I know he’s good enough to win and even make cowboy break. But is his power really as scary as people are making it seem? Especially at 170.

Cerrone's chin is probably soft enough by now for McGregor to TKO him.

He hits hard enough. Those shots he dropped nate with were hard punches. But it's like Hendricks in that he probably isnt gonna have that power past 2nd rd

He still hits hard, and Cerrone's chin isn't what it used to be.

I don't think his power is off the charts. His timing and accuracy allow him to fuck people up.

Fairly small data set to base anything off of at 170.

As Goldberg used to says, his precision is precise.

Cerrone's chin is probably soft enough by now for McGregor to TKO him.
Cerrone never had a great chin. I always thought Conor had a solid chance to KO him, funny to see how the narrative has changed after Cerrone's last two losses.

He's been TKOd how many times now? I know he is awesome and I love him, but lets face it that left hand counter is fooking incredible regardless of your opinion on McTappy Pappy

He has at least enough power to Drop Nate 3 times and Nate has a better chin than cowboy

Does Mas have no power either? He couldn't finish Nate eidda.

Oh, for sure. Dropping Nate three times pretty much proves that the guy can crack and is a dangerous puncher, even at welterweight.

Now, that being said, how does it compare to other welterweight punchers of historical significance? The jury is still mostly out on that one, but if I were to take a guess, he would fall below the Lawler, Hendricks, and Daley category. If there was some sort of test to measure that sort of thing, I'd probably have him even money with just about anybody else.

Even if Conor can't KO Cowboy cold, he could still overwhelm him for a TKO.

I could see Conor pressuring Cowboy, hurting him with some shots, and the fight ending with Cowboy's back to the fence and Conor swarming him with head shots and body shots, forcing the ref to step in, similar to the Masvidal vs Cowboy finish.

He doesn't have enough power or strength to be competitive at 170.

He has enough to finish Cowboy.

He has good power, as in power/size ratio, he hits them, they fall...most of the time, is he as powerful as WW's? No, but his power at LW and specially at FW was top notch.

Back