Does Chiesa stand a chance vs RDA?

Jesus I hope RDA runs through him

He's not, but they both keep a high pace and dive at the legs. RDA's been passive in his losses, which gives such a style a chance.
Sure but RDA has only lost that way to guys with pretty elite wrestling skills. That sure isn't Chiesa. There's no guarantee he can hold him down and Chiesa isn't a power puncher
Chiesa actually subs mofo unlike that decision machine Colby.

Dude he has never ever subbed anyone at the level of RDA.

Sure but RDA has only lost that way to guys with pretty elite wrestling skills. That sure isn't Chiesa. There's no guarantee he can hold him down and Chiesa isn't a power puncher

Dude he has never ever subbed anyone at the level of RDA.

He subbed Condit

<{cum@me}>

RDA only lost to the absolute best of the division. Usman, Colby and Leon. And he's ranked #5 at the moment. It won't even be a close fight.
Yeah RDA is gonna fuck him up, tbh I'm surprised some people seem to think Chiesa is a live dog here.

This match is stupid. RDA is clearly superior. RDA should've actually been conor's return fight. The latter teased it last year and RDA even called him out on IG. It's also an unsettled beef. It'd have been a nice fight regardless of the outcome. Finally getting a match we were all robbed off on fair terms. (I hate champ vs champ fights because ALL the pressure is on the bigger champ. It's a lose lose situation for them).
Or gunnar vs RDA then he calls conor out after kicking gunnar's ass. Sbg army and all.

Chiesa has a chance just via his size. RDA’s defensive footwork and tdd have never been great. RDA should eventually win the mat battle though and he should chew Chiesa up with low kicks on the feet. I’d have to go with RDA but I feel like Chiesa’s chances are being underrated.

Chiesa has a chance just via his size. RDA’s defensive footwork and tdd have never been great. RDA should eventually win the mat battle though and he should chew Chiesa up with low kicks on the feet. I’d have to go with RDA but I feel like Chiesa’s chances are being underrated.
I find it hard to believe Chiesa holds him down all night or subs him. And the entire time it's on the feet he's going to be getting tuned up.

I honestly don't see him even winning a round, but I've been wrong plenty of times before.

every time I've counted Chiesa out, he's surprised me...so...I ain't sayin shit

I find it hard to believe Chiesa holds him down all night or subs him. And the entire time it's on the feet he's going to be getting tuned up.
Exactly. RDA has never been submitted and he has had a ton of fights already. I see RDA finishing Chiesa via strikes.

Exactly. RDA has never been submitted and he has had a ton of fights already. I see RDA finishing Chiesa via strikes.
Honestly imo RDA is the better grappler. Way better resume and look at the difference in results against a common opponent in Kevin Lee.

People under rating RDA big time here because he lost competitive fights to guys that would have tooled Chiesa.

<36>

I think if Chiesa wins it’s a close decision. He certainly isn’t going to Usman or Khabib RDA. I think he can take RDA down though and possibly win the round.

I think if Chiesa wins it’s a close decision. He certainly isn’t going to Usman or Khabib RDA. I think he can take RDA down though and possibly win the round.
I could see that, I have him as a pretty moderate underdog with lnp robbery as pretty much his only way to win.

Not a good stylistic matchup for him. RDA is too well rounded and his strongest skill is the same as Chiesas.

I could see that, I have him as a pretty moderate underdog with lnp robbery as pretty much his only way to win.

Not a good stylistic matchup for him. RDA is too well rounded and his strongest skill is the same as Chiesas.
Yeah I do think RDA will win this fight and is better everywhere, but I think Chiesa can still find success if he gets it to the mat early before RDA turns the fight around and possibly gets a stoppage.

Dariush was having a lot of success on the feet against Chiesa before he got caught, so it bodes very well for RDA on the feet seeing as RDA and Dariush have trained under Cordeiro and both are southpaws and similar enough in their approach to striking.

...RDA. I expect him to callout McGregor after the victory.
giphy.gif

Seems like RDA is better pretty much everywhere. Although pretty shopworn, he looked good vs fighter Kevin Lee.

For Chiesa going from ultra washed Diego Sanchez to RDA is huge upgrade.

I hope Chiesa wins because great dude!

RDA is beter everywhere. Chiesa ´s striking is just terrible and his wrestling may no be enough vs a stud in RDA.

Back