does Chael even have a chance?

There's a slight chance that Sonnen could out wrestle Rashad or manage to find Rashad's glass jaw. A slight chance. But still a chance.

Even if Sonnen did find Evans "glass jaw" I doubt he is going to rock Rashad. Sonnen literally has pillows for fists.

i dont think so...
a lot of people said shogun would win, but everyone knew there was a chance chael would have his way with him with his wrestling.

with this fight, i dont see chael being able to do literally anything offensively..

If Chael can outwrestle Rashad, he surely has a chance. I'd pick the Rashad who beat Phil Davis over Chael, but Rashad's MMA wrestling hasn't looked nearly as good recently. Hendo has been taken down by a lot of guys, and Rashad had fits trying to get him down.

Shael can beat anyone at LHW not named JBJ or Gus...
You forgot one person....

shadface_display_image.jpg

Chael implemented a game plan that worked great against Shogun. Everyone knows Shogun doesn't have a gas tank and especially at this point in his career where he seems to be on the decline. Chael grappled with him, made him tired, and submitted him. Rashad Evans is a highly conditioned athlete who has great wrestling. Rashad can throw heavy punches and is physically stronger than Chael. Sorry Chael is gonna be a rough night.

Rashad from 2 years ago, definitely gets the win. Now I find it pretty 50/50.

I know it is MMA math, but their common opponent is Michael Bisping and Chael looked better then Rashad.

They both fought Bones, too, but both were railed so I toss that one.

With the way Chael fights he has a chance at beating anybody. Personally, I think people are going to be surprised with what happens when Chael goes for the takedown on Rashad. Seems to me that very few people realize just what kind of credentials Sonnen has when it comes to wrestling.

Yes. Rashad sometimes has trouble when pressured, and Sonnen is the most extreme example of a pressure fighter.

i dont think so...
a lot of people said shogun would win, but everyone knew there was a chance chael would have his way with him with his wrestling.

with this fight, i dont see chael being able to do literally anything offensively..

There was literally threads saying this is the first time people are not worried about Shogun losing. That fight was a lock for Shogun according to the majority of Sherdog.

Going with Sonnen in this based on what have you done for me lately.

Chael implemented a game plan that worked great against Shogun. Everyone knows Shogun doesn't have a gas tank and especially at this point in his career where he seems to be on the decline. Chael grappled with him, made him tired, and submitted him. Rashad Evans is a highly conditioned athlete who has great wrestling. Rashad can throw heavy punches and is physically stronger than Chael. Sorry Chael is gonna be a rough night.

Made him tired?! I don't think Shogun even broke a sweat! Tired had nothing to do with that fight, nothing at all.He caught Rua is a tight choke, and he wasnt expecting Sonnen to try anything like that.

i dont think so...

Take a look on this one.
There are more threads like that, but you get the picture.

Yes he has a chance, Chael seems to still be getting better where Rashad seems to be on the decline. Chael seems to be picking smart fights at LHW where he is fighting guys who are not big for the division and has matched up fairly well against.(not counting Jones)

I think Rashad wins this but Chael could as well. Rashad doesn't seem to be the same guy that beat Davis and finished Tito with body shots.

Where is this "Rashad has bad cardio" myth coming from? He's always in shape for fights.

Think its from the Bisping fight, at one point he looked totally gassed but then he got a 2nd wind. His cardio is only behind Jones, Gus and maybe Sonnen and GLover if you ask me.

A small chance

Like 11%

Anyone who can finish Shogun in the first has a chance against Rashad. Still, very tough style matchup for Mr. Chael P. Sonnen.

He has a very good shot. He'll make it a wrestling and clinch match. Standing against Rashad he can hold his own. Rashad has better footwork and movement and better KO power, but he's not very accurate with his strikes and doesn't land too many standing. Chael has a good shot at winning this.

TS, why are you acting like Rashad is just tearing through people? The last time Rashad looked really dominate was agianst Tito Ortiz 2 years ago, and before that is was the Sean Salmon fight. Rashad gets way over hyped becuase he knocked Liddell out like 5 years ago.

Chael has a better chin and better wrestling. Shad couldn't take down a geriatric Hendo. Add in the fact that Shad has looked mediocre at best since the Davis win and Chael's W over Shogun, I actually see Chael pulling it out.

American Gangster by UD.

Rashad is light years ahead of Shogun's skills... but so is Sonnen, actually I think if Sonnen keeps the pressure he might be able to neutralize Rashad

Not taking anything away from Sonnen's victory over Shogun, Evans will pummel him.

Back