Does CC have nightmares about losing to Schaub?

Btw Fedor was past his prime at 33 :rolleyes:

30 fights make no wear and tear on the body, right?

UFC fans are such mouthbreathers.

Does CroCop having fans hurt you because you need to rabidly defend the UFC and Papa Dana?

Was funny how Cro Cop got exposed in the UFC and all of a sudden "he wasnt in his prime" anymore lol the guy beat Barnett and won the Pride Final Conflict Absolute in 2006, he fought Gonzaga in the UFC just 7 months after that and got brutally KO'd, he then fought Kongo which was only 1 year after the Barnett fight and also lost lol so he left the UFC already and went to fight bums again. Eventually came back to the UFC and had 0 noteable wins, while getting destroyed by Mir, Nelson and Schaub lol fair to say Cro Cop was massively overrated

He did not fight any fights in the ring in UFC, so he was not exposed.

Simply handicapped by bad rules and cage that helped his opponents to avoid his standup and enforce distance, circling and fence pushing. Big negative change of rules and environment over night. It's like you play Superbowl, and then in few months you are not that good in playing British rugby. Totally different rules and environment.

In the ring Cro Cop wins fights he lost in cage.

He probably has nightmares about the UFC generally. The competition crushed him.

Cage, too much space, no corners and bad rules, he wins most of those fights in the ring.

Last edited:
It was a sad fight because, and I remember it well, Schaub said something like, "I do this because of you Mirko... It's all for you".. Some fan boy shit like that... Cringe level XXXL

Yes he won major world title Pride 2006 Grand Prix. In the year of 2006 Grand Prix was supposed to determine who is the best since there was no official HW divisional title defence for 16 months in that time, and Fedor was also in the tournament, entering equally with all others, but pulled off later due to injury. Grand Prix = divisional title, equal value. Diferent system than UFC or boxing, influenced by K-1 and different tradition.

Next to huge mileage main Cro Cop's problem was dissapearance of ring MMA from the scene due to the higher force and unforseen circumstances.

His opponents got a new way to avoid his standup by distance, keeping away and circling away from his left leg in big round space of octagon with no corners where Cro Cop was unable to corner them and cutt off their movement. Cage, wire fence and american rules allowed them to push him on the fence for 10 minutes to tire him and lay their 30 lbs weight advantage.

Cro Cop was handicapped by 50% from the start in the cage.

In the ring even washed out Cro Cop would most likely still win most of those fights vs Schaub, Mir, Kongo etc.
Honestly sounds like a bunch a excuses. I get what your saying, but your coming off desperate saying he wins the fight he loss because of the cage. Mark Coleman would have won all his losses in Pride if it was the cages. There is a lot variables as to why Cro Cop wasn't successful in the UFC but others who fought were much more successful. Nog, Shogun etc.

The competition in the UFC was always looked as inferior, but I after the Pride/UFC merger it shows the competition might have been a lot closer than what fans often said.

Now back to Cro Cop, I agree the cage had some effect to his fighting style but he had time to adjust and spar beforehand to work cutting angles and corners to fit his style using the cage, infact he even had give me fight Eddie Sanchez and still couldn't adjust.

The problem with Cro Cop is he was too one dimensional when it came against his opponents in the UFC, as in all his opponents had to do was worry about his striking specially his leg kicks. It gave them free range and once opponents noticed his striking wasn't much of threat they started to attack.

Last edited:
He never won a major world title in MMA yet is still considered #2 HW GOAT by some.

He won an open weight Pride tournament and bet two former world in the process. Not to mention fought for the Pride HW world title. So yeah, they are considered major.

It was a sad fight because, and I remember it well, Schaub said something like, "I do this because of you Mirko... It's all for you".. Some fan boy shit like that... Cringe level XXXL

Yeah, let's shit on Schaub for being genuinely respectful and emotional. SO MUCH CRINGE...!

Pathetic.

Yeah, let's shit on Schaub for being genuinely respectful and emotional. SO MUCH CRINGE...!

Pathetic.

After having been knocked out having someone say, "I've been following you since I was a kid" ain't gonna make you feel better... I doubt it gives him nightmares, but I'm sure, right at that point, he wouldn't have likely appreciated the gesture. I'm not shitting on Schaub. Just seemed a little bit inappropriate at that very moment.

Honestly sounds like a bunch a excuses. I get what your saying, but your coming off desperate saying he wins the fight he loss because of the cage. Mark Coleman would have won all his losses in Pride if it was the cages. There is a lot variables as to why Cro Cop wasn't successful in the UFC but others who fought were much more successful. Nog, Shogun etc.

It's pretty objective. Big changes in favour of distance, circling and wrestling / clinching, all against Cro Cop's style and strenghts.

Opponents did not have to try to guess any more in split second is high kick coming, or middle kick or left straight, they simply could step back on distance, defend by movement, run to the side, or by constant circling evade situation in which they can be hit, and in which his kicks can be set. They could use weight leaning on the wire fence for long time to tire him.

Cro Cop naturally had problems to reach guys with longer reach who moved around in big round space like Schaub, Mir, Kongo, JDS, and was not able to get them in situations in which his kicks can be set, and that is all very different in the ring with lot less space, 4 corners, square shape, cutting off angles and movement and same environment and movement rules and habbits as K-1.

For other fighters who are grapplers or do not rely on kicks and seting up kicks changes were less important and less visible, so comparasion to Nogueira & Co. is not that relevant.

Last edited:
It's pretty objective. Big changes in favour of distance, circling and wrestling / clinching, all against Cro Cop's style and strenghts.

Opponents did not have to try to guess any more in split second is high kick coming, or middle kick or left straight, they simply could step back on distance, defend by movement, run to the side, or by constant circling evade situation in which they can be hit, and in which his kicks can be set. They could use weight leaning on the wire fence for long time to tire him.

Cro Cop naturally had problems to reach guys with longer reach who moved around like Schaub, Mir, Kongo, JDS, and was not able to get them in situations in which his kicks can be set, and that is all very different in the ring with lot less space, 4 corners, square shape, cutting of angles and movement and same environment and movement rules and habbits as K-1.

For other fighters who are grapplers or do not rely on kicks and seting up kicks changes were less important and less visible, so comparasion to Nogueira & Co. is not that relevant.
I agree, but i just think it's very stubborn to think that fighting in the cage had everything to him being not that successful on his UFC run. I think competition was much closer than what was believed and honestly out of everyone who came over from Pride, he was my pick as the one to be the least successful. Too one dimensional at a time when most of the HWs were rounding out their game to be good everywhere.

I agree, but i just think it's very stubborn to think that fighting in the cage had everything to him being not that successful on his UFC run. I think competition was much closer than what was believed and honestly out of everyone who came over from Pride, he was my pick as the one to be the least successful. Too one dimensional at a time when most of the HWs were rounding out their game to be good everywhere.

I can remember thinking the same. He jumped ship like Rampage did (As I recall around the same time or a few months after). He didn't come over with most of the other guys who's contracts had been purchased. It seemed like a strange thing to do at the time, as well as brave, He likely could have easily stayed in Japan and collected mad money to KO Pro Wrestlers. One of the guys who genuinely had an interest in testing himself. Despite losing a fair number of fights, leaving to get his mojo back and trying out a second run .... I think he came out of it pretty well.

He never won a major world title in MMA yet is still considered #2 HW GOAT by some.
the hw division he fought in was the best in all of mma at the time, Nothing the UFC had even came close

Crocop was considered top 2-3 in pride. During his prime he was absolutely a beast and to be feared by everyone.

Nobody is calling him a top 2 hw goat. Literally nobody. Not even the most hardcore pride fans.

By the time he hit the UFC, he'd been fighting for over 10 years including kickboxing. By the time most noobs like you seen him, he was a shell of himself

I can remember thinking the same. He jumped ship like Rampage did (As I recall around the same time or a few months after). He didn't come over with most of the other guys who's contracts had been purchased. It seemed like a strange thing to do at the time, as well as brave, He likely could have easily stayed in Japan and collected mad money to KO Pro Wrestlers. One of the guys who genuinely had an interest in testing himself. Despite losing a fair number of fights, leaving to get his mojo back and trying out a second run .... I think he came out of it pretty well.
I think Rampage went and fought Lindland and I remember he wasn't going to fight in the "U Fight Cheap." until I think Zuffa offered him a solid contract that Rampage couldn't refuse. Cro Cop is weird situation he was coming off the Grand Prix win and could have used his fame to stay in Japan, but I think the collapse of Pride the market in Japan wasn't bringing too much money at the time for athletes. His second run in the UFC when he smashed Gonzaga after a rough opening of the fight. Truly happy for the guy.

30 fights make no wear and tear on the body, right?

UFC fans are such mouthbreathers.

Does CroCop having fans hurt you because you need to rabidly defend the UFC and Papa Dana?
Lol it's true

There's a HUGE difference between fans that started watching exclusively with the UFC versus hardcore pride fans.

The UFC attracted the lowest common denominator of human, where as most pride fans seemed / seem to be among the more intelligent of the bunch.

Well that and I think cro cop had also been fighting for 10+ years. He seemed like a shell of himself in the UFC

Plus guys fighting him are ultra motivated and train like they're fighting the final boss in street fighter.

Lol it's true

There's a HUGE difference between fans that started watching exclusively with the UFC versus hardcore pride fans.

The UFC attracted the lowest common denominator of human, where as most pride fans seemed / seem to be among the more intelligent of the bunch.
They don't realize that the UFC was inferior in every division except 170. The UFC was Bellator back then.

Last edited:
Cro-Cop faught so timid in the cage like he couldn't pull the trigger. A lot of people might say it's because of the lack of peds but I've watched enough mma to realize some people are more comfortable in a ring and Cro-Cop is one of them. He spent most of his career in a ring doing kickboxing and mma.

Back