does cain winning give mir a chance for a title

Why don't we just leave Mir, Nog, Kongo out of the discussion common get over them already fuck

just-say-no.gif

if dos santos stayed champion i think mir would be left out of the title picture no matter how many he wins he got. however, with cain winning, and them not fighting as planned i think a couple wins could get him another title shot.

It's possible, but that's a horrible matchup for Mir. Mir's bad at handling pressure, and Cain is one of the best at bringing pressure. First round TKO by Cain

This. And then Mir would STILL be getting mentioned as a "top contender". The guy is the very definition of UFC hype/poster boy.

Wouldn't he have had the most tile shots if it did happen?
I wanna see him vs Barnett, but not sure if DC's gonna retire him or not.
Barnett has aged so much better

Cain would murder Frank Mir. They should never fight.

Cain has pretty wreckless top control which Mir could exploit. But Velasquez seems like an intelligent guy and would most likely keep it standing and use his striking advantage to win.

Mir is really up there in age and these new heavyweights coming up are leaning more towards being lean and fast as opposed to strong. I don't think these fast guys are fighters that Mir can handle at this point.

DC or Cain would make what Carwin and JDS did to Mir look gentle most likely. Terrible style matchups for Mir.

Would love to see him fight Struve or Duffy, not that Duffy deserves to fight him

mir will never and should never get another title shot. he simply isnt title shot material.

Cain would maul Mir, any way he likes. Franky Mir is a great guy, no chance though.

Jeesh some people just want to see Mir die for what he did to Nog around here. Only logical reason you want Cormier or Cain to lay hands on him.

I don't think Mir will make it up the ladder for a title shot again tbh.
If he did, Cain would most likely smash him.

Cain would beat Mir down much worse than JDS did.

Can we just keep the Mir, Nog, Kongo of the world out of the title discussion? lets get real guys

If Mir win his next 2 fights, lets say, Cormier and Werdum, I dont see why Mir couldnt wind up in the same situation he was in when they asked to fight Dos Santos for the title. Somewhat shallow division, a random injury here and there and an unlikely or unexpected loss by a another contender and BAM Frank Mir fighting for the title.

Hell, he could lose 1 of his next 3 or 4 fights and still get a last title shot before he retires.

Yes but I would still favor Cain. We haven't seen Cain deal with a high level grappler like Mir yet. And yes I am aware of Cain demolishing nog but so did Mir.

Back