Does Cain Velasquez remind anyone else of Antonio Margarito?

Cristiano

White Belt
Reaction score
Than come forward take no prisioners style with a relentless attack that normally steal their opponents souls. This fight reminded me very much of Cotto vs Margarito 1 except Cain didn't get to stop JDS.

Is Cain the MMA version of Antonio Margarito?

I think Cain would rather be compared to Erik Morales or Julio Caesar Chavez, rather than a cheater

I think Cain would rather be compared to Erik Morales or Julio Caesar Chavez, rather than a cheater

Its not about the cheating or not, but the style of fighting, Cain likes to come forward sometimes in straight lines with high activity and endless stamina, very similar to antonio margarito and not Chavez who throws hooks instead of straight punches like Margiarito/Cain and Morales whos more of a boxerpuncher then a reckless assailant

Maybe if Margarito ate 4 of himself.

Its not about the cheating or not, but the style of fighting, Cain likes to come forward sometimes in straight lines with high activity and endless stamina, very similar to antonio margarito and not Chavez who throws hooks instead of straight punches like Margiarito/Cain and Morales whos more of a boxerpuncher then a reckless assailant

Nope i think he resembles Chaves more, goes in takes two to give one and likes working the body as well.. Margarito is garbage bro

LOL! I guess so...not sure that's a complement though haha.

Nope i think he resembles Chaves more, goes in takes two to give one and likes working the body as well.. Margarito is garbage bro

What are you talking about, 2008 Margarito was much more like Cain than Chavez. Chavez used hooks and primarily focused on a body attack. Margarito comes forward but uses straight punches and closes the distance in a similar way to velasquez. Watch Cotto Margarito 2008 and compare to this fight

Cain is fast, Margarito is slow.
Cain doesn't hit hard, Margarito hits hard.
Cain has a shit chin, Margarito's chin is made of iron.
Cain is a wrestler, Margarito is a boxer.
Cain is a heavyweight, Margarito is a welterweight.
Cain is American, Margarito is Mexican.

Yeah...no.

Cain is nothing like margarito....i don't understand

Cain is fast, Margarito is slow.
Cain doesn't hit hard, Margarito hits hard.
Cain has a shit chin, Margarito's chin is made of iron.
Cain is a wrestler, Margarito is a boxer.
Cain is a heavyweight, Margarito is a welterweight.
Cain is American, Margarito is Mexican.

Yeah...no.

Cain comes forward with straight punches same as margairto
cain sometimes jogs a little to close the distance same as margarito
cain likes to come forward with guard up high like margarito
cain has ridiculous stamina/workrate like margarito
cain makes his opponents give up like margarito did with cotto and cintron etc

No, nothing alike.

Ps the cottto 1 fight was only legendary in the sense margaritto should be in jail for what pulled that fight.

Back