Does Cain have any weakness???

Silent Majority

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
First off I am not saying that Cain is better than everyone in all areas. But does the guy really have a glaring weakness? Some people thought it was his striking but he did drop JDS who is one of the top strikers in the division. His wrestling is solid of course and has some good top control. He also showed in the Brock fight that from his back he can work his way free and get back to his feet. Is there anything out there that this guy lacks?

he doesnt really block punches. He used good head movement though and doesnt get hit that much

First off I am not saying that Cain is better than everyone in all areas. But does the guy really have a glaring weakness? Some people thought it was his striking but he did drop JDS who is one of the top strikers in the division. His wrestling is solid of course and has some good top control. He also showed in the Brock fight that from his back he can work his way free and get back to his feet. Is there anything out there that this guy lacks?

Of course he does, those who are not divorced from reality see it evidently:

1) His lack of ring striking - still.

2) Lack of submissions (he has I think none on his record)

(Watch his fight with Cheick Kongo who took it on last notice).

Punching power, which he makes up for with relentlessness and volume, and strength which he makes up for with endurance. Possibly chin* but it's to early to be definitive.

He vaguely resembled a (true) HW cross of GSP and Randy last night.

*not saying it's glass, but it might not be granite either, which is pretty important @ HW.

Last edited:
I diasagree. He moves pretty well. He moves his shoulders and head now and ducks and gets outta the way

Did you read the article? It is difficult to assess his last 2 fights, because there were very few punches thrown. However, JDS cought him even with very few shots.

Like said he is not THE BEST in every department. But he seems to be complete in all aspects right now.

He's well rounded, doesn't make him invincible though, as we've seen.

I diasagree. He moves pretty well. He moves his shoulders and head now and ducks and gets outta the way

He comes forward too much. I wouldn't base anything about head movement and such from last nights fight.

Zombie Nog> Zombie JDS

He's well rounded, doesn't make him invincible though, as we've seen.

Agree 100% I think he is the most complete HW fighter out there though. I know some people might argue Reem but I disagree on that one

He comes forward too much. I wouldn't base anything about head movement and such from last nights fight.

Zombie Nog> Zombie JDS

I think its because that he throws punches and goes right in for the clinch and takedown that it appears he is moving out of the way of punches. Idk Ill have to watch some more Cain footage before i can really argue lol.

Chokes. I think many can grab a choke on his while he is either going for a TD or getting back up.

Zombie Nog> Zombie JDS

Cain moving forward and pressuring is undefeated...Cain laying back in range is 0-1. You can disect it all you want but it comes down to wins and losses

Easy to hit, see his first fight with JDS and with Kongo.
He outstruck JDS because his gas is that much better.

Back