1/2 cup oats
Peanut butter
Protein powder
Banana
Spinach
Blueberries
Carrot

6pm
Vegetable stew (Carrots, Corn, Potatoes, Green Beans, Peas)
Some kind of meat, Salmon or Chicken or Steak

10pm
Tuna patty (3 eggs and tuna quiche)

That's been my diet for the past 2 weeks, it's a little better than the burgers and taco bell i'm used to but I'm sure could use some improvement.

I've been wondering the same thing for quite a long time.

TTT

Yep. Check out this link on food combining:

Food combining

It's hard and not necessarily advisable to follow the site's instructions to a tee, but it gives a good overview of how the body handles digesting different foods.

Yep. Check out this link on food combining:

Food combining

It's hard and not necessarily advisable to follow the site's instructions to a tee, but it gives a good overview of how the body handles digesting different foods.

So basically we can eat lemon juice with all our simple carbohydrates and our body will waste energy digesting them? If this is true, it seems like a really easy to to avoid gaining weight while still eating a shitload..

Ummmmm, its not that simple or every nutritionist or dietician in the country would have their patients doing it.

Ummmmm, its not that simple or every nutritionist or dietician in the country would have their patients doing it.

I figured, which means they are over-dramatizing the effects of mixing acids with starches.

Yeah, it'd be interesting to study and analyze the theories more in depth than I can manage with my short attention span with chemistry and the like. I like the general gist behind the theory though: that different substances require different digestive enzymes/environments to be properly digested and that a hard-working or stressed digestive system affects many different health-related things.

So, this article advises against ever eating a sandwich because it says to not mix bread and meat at a meal. Also, eggs and meat together is apparently a bad thing.

Hmm, I personally think that article is full of shit, just from glancing at it.
Do not eat fats with proteins

So basically don't eat any thing with protein. Meat has fat, eggs have fat, cheese, nuts, etc. Basically everything that passage mentioned as a source of protein also has fats.

A suggested combination of meals is included in the following plan of eating three meals a day :

Breakfast
Fruit. Any fruit in season may be used. It is suggested that not more than three fruits be used at a meal, as, for example, grapes, well ripened bananas and an apple. It is well to have an acid fruit breakfast one morning and a sweet breakfast the next. In season breakfast may be made of melons. In the winter months, one or two dried fruits such as figs, dates, raisins, prunes, etc., may be substituted for the fresh fruit.

Lunch
A large raw vegetable salad of lettuce, celery, and one or two other raw vegetables plus avocado and alfalfa sprouts or nut and seeds. As an alternative, a vegetable salad (omitting tomatoes), one cooked green vegetable and a starch.

Dinner
A large raw vegetable salad (if nuts or cottage cheese are to be used as the protein, tomatoes may be used in this salad), two cooked non-starchy vegetables and a protein.

So basically eat like a rabbit? One protein a day?

If that's how I'm supposed to eat, I'm already dead.

Christ almighty, nothing on the site says you must eat in any specific way, and if they do advocate you following these rules to a tee, then they're idiotic.

It's the same as anything else health related: you learn the facts and you decide how important it is to you and then implement the facts into your life in whatever way you deem necessary. So if you notice you have low energy levels, you may want to consider experimenting with different food combinations. Same if you have digestive problems, bloating, etc.

Hmm, I personally think that article is full of shit, just from glancing at it.

So basically don't eat any thing with protein. Meat has fat, eggs have fat, cheese, nuts, etc. Basically everything that passage mentioned as a source of protein also has fats.

So basically eat like a rabbit? One protein a day?

IF you read the specific charts they go into more depth about the role that nuts, beans, legumes, etc. play. You just have to keep in mind that this stuff isn't going to fit into a nice little box and be black and white. Does it seem unreasonable that different foods require different digestive environments in order to be properly and efficiently digested? Do you not think that digestive system--like any other part of the body--has certain needs in order to function fully and that when its functioning is impaired, effects will be felt physically and mentally?

Relax Johnny, it wasn't an attack on you or your worth. At first glance, it looks like a bunch of crap to me. It also looks like it's basically telling you to be vegetarian or at least to eat very little meat/animal products. I'm sure there are some very good points in there somewhere, but I personally have no desire to follow anything remotely like that. To each his own, right?

Relax Johnny, it wasn't an attack on you or your worth. At first glance, it looks like a bunch of crap to me. It also looks like it's basically telling you to be vegetarian or at least to eat very little meat/animal products. I'm sure there are some very good points in there somewhere, but I personally have no desire to follow anything remotely like that. To each his own, right?

Cool--I wasn't all that pissed off about disagreement, but I do get a bit annoyed when discussing somewhat "alternative" approaches on here and elsewhere. Sorry if I seemed like a dick. I know I don't like it when people spaz at me. I'd like to discuss things but I just felt that what you wrote (and what others often do when discussing such approaches) was willfully ignorant and dismissive--that you were looking for a tiny bit of contradictory information in order to dismiss an approach to health which strikes me as very logical. So as accustory or defensive as some of my questions may have seemed (e.g. "Does it seem unreasonable that different foods require different digestive environments in order to be properly and efficiently digested?"), I still feel they were relevant and were mainly intended for discussion/illustration.

But I do feel there are some very good points in there and it is up to each person to apply it to his/her diet as they see fit. I don't apply many principles in my eating, but I try to eat fruits alone (especially melon) and I try to keep in mind that if I eat a big meal of meats and starches, I might be a bit more sluggish afterwards.

Digestion and assimilation interest me, and I'm not sure how much attention it is given in this part of the world "the west". I know that in Chinese and Indian (Ayurvedic) medicine, digestion is crucial to health and energy. For athletics, it might be beneficial in some way to modify what foods are eaten together in order to have better energy levels and better/more efficient absorption of nutrients, minerals, protein, etc. But again, there's always going to be some sort of trade-off.

Back