Does Blagoy Ivanov have the best chin in the history of combat sports?

Yeah I have to put Blagoy at the top of the list.

Dan Henderson is another noteworthy dude with a granite chin. Was never stopped until way into the twilight of his career and he was always fighting dudes a lot bigger than him.

An honorable mention is Ben Rothwell.

gsXdJGL.gif

And to think both him and Roy Nelson were stopped by Arlovski. This is why I said Arlovski had the most power of any MMA fighter until Ngannou came along.

He's saying combat sports history.

Hagler and LaMotta gotta be up there on the boxing side along with Chuvalo.

MMA I'd go with Big Nog, Nelson and Hendo.

Ivanov is clearly a brick but best in MMA is a big call, let alone combat sports history.

Last edited:
Mark Hunt took clean head kicks from prime Cro Cop. Hard to top that.
He also got flatlined in his physical prime by Melvin Manhoef.

He's obviously up in the discussion though, no question.

Roy Nelson. Took bombs from prime Dos Santos also. Dude was incredible. Would have loved to see his chin against Carwin if that fight would have happened.

Yeah I'm taking Cabbage out of my top 3 MMA and putting Nelson in for sure.....that guy has eaten bombs for 15 years. As somebody else pointed out, that beating he took from Cigano and took to a decision was remarkable!

Don’t know about the best buts it’s a fucking good one, even though he beat Tuivasa he landed some heavy shots on him.

I'd say that punch had the same force that Ngannou hit Reem with and Nelson ate it like a boss.

Certainly up there on the MMA side.

The physics of it don't even make sense. His feet don't even move.

Roy Nelson. Took bombs from prime Dos Santos also. Dude was incredible. Would have loved to see his chin against Carwin if that fight would have happened.
Roy's resumé is staggering, no question. Except for Fedor and Cain he's fought them all.
Screenshot_20191113-185525.png Screenshot_20191113-185518.png Screenshot_20191113-185508.png Screenshot_20191113-185502.png

Kinda silly arguing who among all these guys has "best chin". All of them pretty much Thanos-tier level

Great chin like many other in the sport. Hunt, Cabbage, etc. I would even add Florian to the mix. The guy was fighting way above his weight class for tuf. I think he fought Leben.

Before the fight, there was a thread claiming Ivanov looked scared of Lewis & was shook. I think Lewis won fair & square, but Ivanov isn't scared of anything, this dude survived getting stabbed in the heart

Don't know if it's the best, but Ngannou has a crazy chin. Never once been wobbled and took Stipe's hardest shots without damage.

giphy.gif

George Chuvalo was who came to my mind when I read the title.

The interesting thing is that I have seen clips of him being interviewed many years later in old age and he sounds completely normal and totally cognizant and sharp mentally. Pretty wild.

Back