Does Bisping have the most star power of any champion not named McGregor?

MDWv2

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Seems as though he does since the UFC is trying to push him into the mainstream

Sure, Bisping contributed to one of the greatest highlights in MMA history

bispko11.gif

Last edited:
he's been fighting in this sport for 10 years and has never headlined a big card so.... I don't think he's ever got big numbers for any of his fights period.

Right now, probably.
But I have a feeling (and hope) Joanna Violence is breaking out soon.

Ronda (assuming she becomes champ).

He's gonna be the biggest star. He's a hell of a actor even better than the rock who makes like 30-50 mil a movie.

He is probably a pretty big star. At least a top 5 UFC star.

People always said he was mediocre, even if most hardcore fans knew he was great. Now, I think the mainstream audience also got their eyes on him.

He is a great speaker, he is pretty funny, and likeable.

People always said he was mediocre, even if most hardcore fans knew he was great. Now, I think the mainstream audience also got their eyes on him.

I feel the need to qualify the sentence in red...

a great speaker, when compared to most MMA fighters

pretty funny, when compared to most MMA fighters

likeable.... not even when compared to most MMA fighters

Funny how perceptions differ. May I ask if you live in the UK?
The perception I see a lot about him is him being mediocre and being champ through favoutable circonstances, with him ducking contenders (jacare and others) and most people expecting him to lose his belt sooner than later.

Seems as though he does since the UFC is trying to push him into the mainstream
Wanna say NO! Wtf! BUT MAYBE he does. I dunno, fuck who cares.

I'd rather listen to Crooked i spit over Beiber.. who gives a fuck what the rest think.

I feel the need to qualify the sentence in red...

a great speaker, when compared to most MMA fighters

pretty funny, when compared to most MMA fighters

likeable.... not even when compared to most MMA fighters

Since this is comparative to the rest of the UFC, I guess he is a good speaker and pretty funny...the likeable part.., I guess half like him and half don't. At least most have an opinion about him.

Funny how perceptions differ. May I ask if you live in the UK?
The perception I see a lot about him is him being mediocre and being champ through favoutable circonstances, with him ducking contenders (jacare and others) and most people expecting him to lose his belt sooner than later.

No. Scandinavia.
Sure, many believe he got the belt by accident, but I still think most guys accept him as a legit top five or at least top ten fighter now, and not mediocre. Before, only the guys that knew a little more about MMA would see his skills, and say he was a legit top ten fighter, while many others said he was mediocre.

No. Scandinavia.
Sure, many believe he got the belt by accident, but I still think most guys accept him as a legit top five or at least top ten fighter now, and not mediocre. Before, only the guys that knew a little more about MMA would see his skills, and say he was a legit top ten fighter, while many others said he was mediocre.
Except he really wasn't that good before. He made significant improvements after losing to Rockhold tho, neo-Bisping started showing up in the C.B Dollaway fight and after. Silva still made mincemeat of his facial structure and concussed him badly.

Sure, Bisping contributed to one of the greatest highlights in MMA history

More than one great highlight
ZMeJSgV.gifng

he's been fighting in this sport for 10 years and has never headlined a big card so.... I don't think he's ever got big numbers for any of his fights period.

Define big card and as for numbers you're talking shite, there's a reason he's paid so much.

Even when you lot proclaimed him 'the ultimate gatekeeper' he was still earning more in a year as any fighter not named GSP

Reem is about to be an exciting ass champ.

Even if he loses his 1st defense, it'll be by exciting fashion for sure. Plus hes basically owned every belt in the sport besides pride. Even k1 wgp champ.

Back