Does Bisping believe he can win the belt?

CodCommando

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I want to discuss with someone who believes so, because from what I've seen, Luke Rockhold would take his soul for good.

I think he believes he can win the belt. Whether anyone else does is a different matter.

It looks like bisping has trouble with the high kick to the right side of his head. Not sure if his eye has anything to do with it. Luke will hard kick him all night long. Another finish for luke. I'd like to see bisping weidman though.

Every fighter should believe that they can win a belt, if they don't than they shouldn't be fighting.

for most of his career people laughed at the idea of him beating Anderson and look what happened last night.

for most of his career people laughed at the idea of him beating Anderson and look what happened last night.
After seeing Anderson get KO'd, then injured, then an abysmal shadow of his former self in the Diaz fight. The bisping fight was a toss up. What's certain for me is Bisping cannot and would not beat Rockhold at any point in his career.

Yeah but this was no prime Anderson, IMO Anderson would have destroyed Bisping a few years ago.

He definitley believes it. I think he probably cant win it but ill root for him

I want to discuss with someone who believes so, because from what I've seen, Luke Rockhold would take his soul for good.

Don't think he believes it like Conor believes (i.e. a certainty), but he probably thinks he has a decent chance to win against anyone at MW, just like most fighters do.

Also a title shot in and of itself is an achievement for Bisping. He's never had one, and if it were a big PPV card there's the possibility of PPV %, and big payday.

Yeah but this was no prime Anderson, IMO Anderson would have destroyed Bisping a few years ago.

you think that was prime Bisping?

Compare Silva/Sonnen I and II to Bisping/Sonnen and you'll see that they were never that far apart from each other.

Compare Silva/Sonnen I and II to Bisping/Sonnen and you'll see that they were never that far apart from each other.
Your right neither were in their prime for this fight but i don't think prime Bisping would make it 3 rounds with prime Anderson.

Your right neither were in there prime for this fight but i don't think prime Bisping would make it 3 rounds with prime Anderson.

Why not?

Cote did.

Leites went 5 rounds with him.

So did Maia before Maia learned how to throw a jab.

That was his prime.

Before that:

Chonan heel hooked him.

Takase triangle choked him.

silva and bisping were never far apart from eachother? please be joking. greatest ufc fighter of all time and a gatekeeper who still doesn't have a legit top 5 win

Every fighter should believe that they can win a belt, if they don't than they shouldn't be fighting.

Yes, exactly! That is what Tim Sylvia used to say all of the time.

Even though Tim Sylvia was a cheater, I think that he was correct when he said that.

Why not?

Cote did.

Leites went 5 rounds with him.

So did Maia before Maia learned how to throw a jab.

That was his prime.

Before that:

Chonan heel hooked him.

Takase triangle choked him.
Because Bisping would not have taken him down, he would have tried to stand and bang. I think it would have ended a lot like the Forrest fight, just my thoughts on it.

Because Bisping would not have taken him down, he would have tried to stand and bang. I think it would have ended a lot like the Forrest fight, just my thoughts on it.
Bisping is way more technical and a lot more patient that Griffin though.

But, I do think Silva would have KOd him in prime, but I don't think it would have been as easy as Forest Griffin

To be honest, if any fighter in the top 10 doubts they could win the belt then they should find another sport. I have Rockhold winning that fight if it happens but I don't see it being a walkthrough by any stretch of the imagination.

Back