Does Bellator provide health care to it's fighters?

KoreanZawmbie

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What about 8K base pay? No and No? What about automatic sponsor pay for just showing up? What about these "back room bonuses," we hear of lower named fighters such as Madnaldo
"This is a good or bad news," he wrote in his native Portuguese. "I just got a check in the mail from UFC, and I would like to share with friends and fans that for the fourth time, even getting my ass whooped like I had last fight, the UFC sent me more money than I would get if I had won the fights. Thanks Dana [White], Lorenzo [Fertitta], Joe Silva."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/11/...-fabio-maldonado-says-promotion-paid-him-more (source)

No as well? Please stfu about the UFC not looking after their fighters

But I dont want to STFU! :(

I love how badly you missed the point but insist on yelling about it. You funny OP.

The UFC does a much better job taking care of its fighters than lesser MMA organizations. That isn't in question. What is in question is whether the UFC takes care of the fighters as well as they ought to. The answer to that seems to be no in many cases.

If there were a relatively open market for skilled fighters, I think you would see mid tier fighters making more than they do. I am not convinced that many of the bottom guys are worth much more than 10/10 or whatever they get these days. I am not much a pro union gal, because they often cause as many problems as they solve, but they certainly have utility in situations like this.

Also, what good is an automatic sponsor if you have to drop all the other sponsors you worked to get and take a large net loss in the process? At present, any attempt to spin the Reebok deal as good for fighters is dishonest.

Guess it pays off to be reckless if you're willing to take the damage.

You misspelled its btw.

take it from a brain surgeon
bad-doctor2.jpg

WSOF will overtake Bellator as the #2.

lol at Mad Naldo

Bellator backed by Viacom, nt tho

Bellator was purchased by Viacom.

That's all the money they will ever get. Viacom expects a return on their investment or they'll dump Bellator like a sack of shit.

They don't give them any money. Learn about business, nt tho.

The UFC does a much better job taking care of its fighters than lesser MMA organizations. That isn't in question. What is in question is whether the UFC takes care of the fighters as well as they ought to. The answer to that seems to be no in many cases.

This is the truth.

That said, as a consumer who never paid for a single PPV event, I couldn't care less if fighters get paid next to nothing. What I do care very much about however is for the continued existence of much injustice in the sport, as it will be the source of much drama from fighters, managers, media, UFC management and fans alike, for my consumption. It is very entertaining to hear fighters whine. It is very entertaining to hear fans complain. Fair pay/union negotiations/personalized outfits/no WMMA/A-level athleticism in all of MMA/transparency/Stitch rehired = no more whining = no good.

If there were a relatively open market for skilled fighters, I think you would see mid tier fighters making more than they do. I am not convinced that many of the bottom guys are worth much more than 10/10 or whatever they get these days. I am not much a pro union gal, because they often cause as many problems as they solve, but they certainly have utility in situations like this.

Also, what good is an automatic sponsor if you have to drop all the other sponsors you worked to get and take a large net loss in the process? At present, any attempt to spin the Reebok deal as good for fighters is dishonest.

Nice answer.
Unfortunately for you, it falls on deaf years...

Bellator was purchased by Viacom.

That's all the money they will ever get. Viacom expects a return on their investment or they'll dump Bellator like a sack of shit.

They don't give them any money. Learn about business, nt tho.

AGain Bellator is ran by Viacom who do you think fired bjorn. They need to invest money to get money which is why they bought them, nt tho learn about business bro

Back