does barao deserve a rematch?

goldentoe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IMO, no. He was not champ long enough to deserve a instant rematch. And he was outclassed for the whole fight. He needs at least 2 top 10 wins.

He could have been champ for 40 years, if you get destroyed and finished like that, you don't deserve a rematch, there was no doubt in the result.

Anderson Silva didn't deserve a rematch either, and the fact Weidman was annihilating him again before the leg break proves that.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, but I don't think he should.

He does but I think it is uncalled for given the way the fight went. Let Raphael have his fight and Barao fight someone else.

No he doesn't, just like every other champ doesn't deserve an instant rematch when they lose.

I hate instant rematches. They stall the division.

No he doesn't, just like every other champ doesn't deserve an instant rematch when they lose.

I hate instant rematches. They stall the division.
Dominant champs like silva, gsp, and jones deservd them no matter how they lose.

The answer is obvious and is a resounding no.

Is anyone saying he should..?!

Yes. He has been undefeated since 2005. I wouldn't mind it and plus I think he would beat TJ in the rematch.

when you get dominated the way he did no way does he deserve an immediate one. He will get a title shot again though

I don't think so. he is as good as advertised but that beating doesn't warrant you an instant rematch.

let him win a couple of fights - he will - and build him up again.

No.

No one deserves an instant rematch. All it does is hold up the division.

i say yes. barao deserves a rematch. if anderson silva can get a rematch against weidman, barao should be able to get a rematch against tj.

The original question is flawed.

Barao is the best fighter in the division, even though he may have found his kryptonite. Like most guys here said, of course he "deserves" a rematch. But there should be no instant rematches at all if the ending of the first fight was clear.

That's why I think the Anderson / Weidman rematch was a mistake. I also do not recall whether GSP did not get an instant rematch vs Serra or whether it was just because of someone's injury that he did not.

Instant rematches must only be for cases where there was a close and contested fight. TJ's annihilation of Barao means he needs to work his way up again. It's only good for him also - imagine TJ beats him again, like in the case of Silva, he would never be the same.

It depends on who else would be in line. If they have some deserving contenders then sure but if they don't then Barao might be the best opponent for TJ to face.

i say yes. barao deserves a rematch. if anderson silva can get a rematch against weidman, barao should be able to get a rematch against tj.

Silva was champ for like 7 years, how long dkd Barao hold the belt?

No. After a beatdown like that, he should have to at least have a top contender fight with someone first. He didn't lose by a quick KO or early stoppage. He was thoroughly dominated start to finish.

Back