Does Appearance Change How People Are Treated?

Absolutely it does. No question

Definitely. I buzz my hair every week with no guard and I've been asked numerous times if I'm a racist/skinhead/nazi. I could only imagine how many people think it without saying it.

Damn. People actually have the nerve to say that to you out of nowhere? Do they say it in groups or solo?

If I was you, I would tell them to fuck off.

In other news water is wet.

Did this really have to be proven by science?

The question is, why does it appear (as noted in the video) that people are more willing to help the guy who appears to have everything than the guy who appears to have nothing?

Because you are more likely to move up the hierarchy of your tribe if you help the chief than if you help the unlucky bastard at the bottom.

You're more likely to have access to resources that way.

It's totally simple.

Good for you, Sammy. That was nice of you.

Reminds me of something I did once. When I lived in Denver, after a snow storm there was a thick sheet of ice on the ground. I went downtown and was walking to a club in LoDo, smoking a blunt along the way. I was getting close to the club, so I stopped on the street corner close by to finish what I could. While doing this, across the street at the other corner a homeless man (not sure now, but at the time (2007) Denver had the highest population of homeless people in the country) slipped on the ice and went completely horizontal while falling and ate shit terribly. He got up and walked across the street torward where I was, holding his back and groaning the entire way. When he got close I asked, "Dude, are you alright?! You just ate shit!" and he was like, "I sure did, but I'll be alright, I guess." So I had maybe a third of the blunt left and said, "Here, something for your back." He took a drag and his eyes lit up and he asked, cheerfully, "This is weed?" And I told him, "That $20 a gram shit. Feel better" and I walked away.

I felt pretty good about myself, helping out a stranger.

That's really cool Bobby.

I know my little post likely came off as another innuendo but damn if I didn't slice my forearm on a Starter jacket zipper while helping some dude up. Everyone was walking passed him and I don't have it in to watch someone struggle to rise without lending a hand.

LOL in Denver. Must have made that dude's year. I've had smoke sesh's with street folk here too. Separate joints of course, not into passing it around cause they always do that thing that gets the paper wet that I cant say here.

That's really cool Bobby.

I know my little post likely came off as another innuendo but damn if I didn't slice my forearm on a Starter jacket zipper while helping some dude up. Everyone was walking passed him and I don't have it in to watch someone struggle to rise without lending a hand.

LOL in Denver. Must have made that dude's year. I've had smoke sesh's with street folk here too. Separate joints of course, not into passing it around cause they always do that thing that gets the paper wet that I cant say here.

I understand about not wanting to pass it with them. That's why I just gave the thing to him, idk where he'd been or how many dicks he sucked.

I feel like this thread should have been about the importance of posture; which is an appearance based way of judging others, yet a bit more subtle.

I bet some of the same people saying "its disgusting" and "i wish it werent that way" would freak out if they saw an open-carry demonstrator walking down the street.

I would love to see that experiment on video.

When I was younger, I would be embarrassed going out in public with him. When I asked why doesn't he wear nicer things, he said "A man who is sure in himself doesn't feel the need to show off to others". That kind of stuck with me.

Wise words yet particularly not great advice considering how the world works.

We are constantly judging people base on the information we receive. If I see a stranger, the only information I can process is the person's appearance. If a women dresses like a whore with tramp stamp, I will assume she has a loose moral until I get other information that prove otherwise.

Quite true. Appearance is everything to a stranger. I'm very judgemental about appearances. I assume that any man who wears a suit is an asshole and I've only been wrong on a few occasions.

Usually not a fan of these "social experiment" videos. But this was an Interesting video.

[YT]F5CvGJds6DQ[/YT]

When ever I helped a stranger I get fucked over and/or disrespected. You want me to go out of my way to get shit upon? fuck that.

Wise words yet particularly not great advice considering how the world works.

Depends if your still grasping for resources or got everything and the standing you want.

It's also quite useful to look like you don't have money.

People who flash cash also come across as insecure to those at the top of the pile where cash has little to do with things. People who dress flash, basically come from the lower orders usually. This is thrown off in business, but then business is crass.

Depends if your still grasping for resources or got everything and the standing you want.

It's also quite useful to look like you don't have money.

People who flash cash also come across as insecure to those at the top of the pile where cash has little to do with things. People who dress flash, basically come from the lower orders usually. This is thrown off in business, but then business is crass.

Yeah it depends on the circumstances. A recent personal example that I've seen is of my cousin. He partakes in different businesses such as high-end kitchen cabinets, sinks and other appliances and property dealing. He was able to sell this multimillion dollar land for his friend. His friend rather than paying him his commission in cash, gave him his almost brand new AMG Benz. My cousin decided he would enjoy using it for a bit and then sell it. He ended up keeping it. Why? Because he experienced complete change in his clients behavior when he would meet them up in his new shiny ride as opposed to the small car he used to drive before. He told me that the clients not only treat him with a lot more respect but he has consistently been able to close way more deals. He gets compliments on his car repeatedly by his clients too. I suppose people see him as successful and a good businessman judging from his car.

the truth always comes out....
^

No doubt. Take your av and username for instance.

Lol nailed it.

HahaNice.gif

Back