Does Appearance Change How People Are Treated?

GordoBarraBJJ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Usually not a fan of these "social experiment" videos. But this was an Interesting video.

[YT]F5CvGJds6DQ[/YT]

ABSOLUTELY. There is no question about it. Appearance is a HUGE determining factor in how you are treated by others in any public space. I know from personal experience. I can be treated like dog shit at times because I look bad, and other times when my problems are not evident, I'm treated like a prince or something. It's fucking mindblowing the contrast I experience depending on my appearance. It's so vastly different it's like night and day, hot and cold, there is no comparison whatsoever between the two.

I helped pick up a homeless guy who fell and cut myself on his zipper.

I once helped a guy who was lying on the street semi conscious at 10am and he looked disgusting.

people call me sir when i wear my fancy office clothes instead of hey dude when i wear 20 dollar jeans and a black 8 dollar v neck shirt.

Because of my beard, fellow co workers call me ISIS at work but outside of that I'm not treated differently

Read the The True History of the Elephant Man. Joseph Merrick lived a very shitty life because of his deformity but this was a while ago but I understand most people are more accepting of disabilities now but still it would suck.

Yes and I dont really see nothing wrong with it.

Its like walking alone in a street at day and then at night.

Definitely. I buzz my hair every week with no guard and I've been asked numerous times if I'm a racist/skinhead/nazi. I could only imagine how many people think it without saying it.

No doubt, appearance is pretty much everything to most people.

Back