Does anyone think Trump’s legal challenges and recounts have a chance of changing the results?

Will the court cases win Trump the election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tdluxon

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
As it sits right now, they would have to change the results in at least 2, probably 3 states. There has been a lot of claims, but there still hasn’t been any true evidence of fraud beyond poll watchers being denied access in a few locations. The margins of victory for Biden seem to be increasing as the final votes are counted. More republicans, supposedly even family members seem to be throwing in the towel. It just doesn’t seem plausible.

Do people think there is any real chance of the results being overturned?

There was no cheating, the right just cant handle the truth and Trump will blame anyone or anything for his shortcomings. He is even blaming a jew for his shortcomings right now (Jared his son in Law). Lets all ignore how badly he failed with handling the corona virus and how he tries to divide the nation. That surely isnt a reason why you lost, right Orange bad man?

Nah, but 2020 has been the year or unpredictability.

I don’t but I am interested in seeing how this thing unfolds.

None of us REALLY know. Probably not. We'll have to see what surprises they find, how the judges rule on the late coming votes etc.
For the final time: votes arriving after 8 PM on election day have NOT been counted (yet), and were (are) being kept seperate BEFORE Alito's brief.

The way I see it, the only way to reverse the results of the election is to prove without reasonable doubt that it was schemed. That is to say that there was a coup by the Biden team with help of State election officials to tamper with the election process in his favor.

Trump will not be able to convince the courts to reject all votes after the polls close. Each state sets the rules by which citizens can submit their vote. So long as these rules are respected, there is no challengeable issue since it should have been contested before the election.

He might challenge the results based on the lack of meaningful access to observers. But then you get into a debate about what "meaningful" means. Whether or not that is enough to reverse the decision of the American people through vote is highly unlikely. The fact is Trump and Biden had observers in all precincts. No one was denied access. They did have to maintain I believe it was 20 feet from the counting area. The legal aegument here is super flimsy.

Recounts aren't going to overturn thousands of votes. Recounts are going to happen in PA, WI, NV, AZ and GA. From what I read, ballot counting machines have become very sophisticated and so the chances of a software error are next to nil.

In short: expect nothing more than recounts being ordered but that won't change the result.

As it sits right now, they would have to change the results in at least 2, probably 3 states. There has been a lot of claims, but there still hasn’t been any true evidence of fraud beyond poll watchers being denied access in a few locations. The margins of victory for Biden seem to be increasing as the final votes are counted. More republicans, supposedly even family members seem to be throwing in the towel. It just doesn’t seem plausible.

Do people think there is any real chance of the results being overturned?

Snowball's chance in Hell. Trump ran an incredibly poor campaign and lost to a candidate slightly less shit than himself. End of story.

Id be very surprised if the courts do much of anything at all here. I haven’t seen anything at all raised where the remedy would be to throw out votes. And absent that, we’ll just get recounts that shift votes around in both directions at some expected human error rate (1 out of ever 100k counted incorrectly or so), Without meaningful change in vote totals.

At some point, it’s gonna set in for the president that he’s lost, and that having the courts reinforce the fact that he’s a very sore loser won’t help him in the long run.

The way I see it, the only way to reverse the results of the election is to prove without reasonable doubt that it was schemed. That is to say that there was a coup by the Biden team with help of State election officials to tamper with the election process in his favor.

Trump will not be able to convince the courts to reject all votes after the polls close. Each state sets the rules by which citizens can submit their vote. So long as these rules are respected, there is no challengeable issue since it should have been contested before the election.

He might challenge the results based on the lack of meaningful access to observers. But then you get into a debate about what "meaningful" means. Whether or not that is enough to reverse the decision of the American people through vote is highly unlikely. The fact is Trump and Biden had observers in all precincts. No one was denied access. They did have to maintain I believe it was 20 feet from the counting area. The legal aegument here is super flimsy.

Recounts aren't going to overturn thousands of votes. Recounts are going to happen in PA, WI, NV, AZ and GA. From what I read, ballot counting machines have become very sophisticated and so the chances of a software error are next to nil.

In short: expect nothing more than recounts being ordered but that won't change the result.
Keep in mind: the campaign asking for the recount has to pay for it, in advance. WI is still waiting on their cheque, and looking at the increasingly desperate begging-for-money mails the Trump campaign has been sending out the last couple of days, I don't see it happening.
Funny addendum: the fine-print in those mails say that up to 60% of the donation can/ will go to paying back the Trump campaign's debt. They're as broke as Trump himself is.

Would be insane and hilarious but I don’t see anything coming from it.

No chance whatsoever. Literally none at all.

Thread could use a poll, I’d be curious to see how many people think these court cases have a chance in hell of doing anything.
Uninformed conservatives...so like, most of them. Anyone who's gotten a parking ticket's exposure to our legal system should know this is all a farce.

That’s a zero so far.

No faithful trumpers out there?

absolutely not and undermining the integrity of our election process will do more harm than good. hopefully there's a harsh bounce back/affirmation from the biden administration when trump's suits get thrown out.

Back