Does anyone still believe in Anderson Silva?

GSP would still own the belt if wants it! He is at the perfect age and still the man...Anderson has a broken jaw and leg...so sorry to all the nuthuggers!

GSP hasn't finished a fight for 4 years though

What I mean is, is there any hardcore Anderson Silva fans who still think that he will not only make a come back, but will be successful at it, make one last run for the title, and defeat who ever has the belt to become MW Champion again.

A part of me believes that, but the another part says I'm crazy to think that.

Thoughts ? What about you guys ?

Anderson was the first live fight I ever saw versus Lee Murray. He was a beast. I remember after the fight his dream was to go into K1 & finish undefeated. He wasn't interested in training TDD etc. Obviously that changed.

I think when he fights again he will do okay. I don't think he will ever regain the title - He is near 40. I do believe however if he was born ten years later, training all facets of MMA from a young age he would have an even more incredible resume; but come back now at 40 after a leg break & win the title

Anderson might retire with the belt, and another win streak.

I am Anderson fan. I am also a realist I think he time with the belt is over. I do think he can make a successful comeback and win some meaningful fights at a high level.

I think he will do it and go on to make 3 more title defenses and then lose to one of the challengers by submission.

Yeah, he's hungry and angry, this is the most dangerous the spider has ever been

I do.

There are several things that worry me though

1. He's old and has been showing his age
2. He may have lost his chin and ability to take a hard punch
3. He's psychologically done after the KO + leg break

I want to believe!

But we don't know how Silva will look in his comeback. Maybe he is just as good, or maybe his TDD is completely fucked up by his leg, we don't know.
I still want him to fight RJJ tho lol.

People laughed at George Foreman during his final run.

He's the one who got me into mma, as a fighter and as a fan. I'll believe in him every time he steps into a cage. I do reckon he's got some fire in him, yet.

He won't be a contender again, MW is to tough for him now, Jacare, Machida, Weidman, Rashad, Gegard all beat him..

There are no Cote's, Leties, Lutter challenging for the title now.

Realisticly, he can't win the title and should just focus on raking up some top10 wins in order to finish his career on a high note. But realisticly he never should have been as good to begin with.

So you're saying that the likes of Hendricks, Lawler and Browne are on a different level talent-wise than GSP?

Thanks for this, I like to start every new day with a good laugh laugh, they say it's healthy.

But seriously, the likes of GSP and Anderson are the apex of MMA talent (along with JBJ), it's just impossible to keep fighting on a top level for a decade. No matter how talented you are, that kind of sustained physical effort ages you beyond your years.

...lol... Hendricks more talented than GSP... aaaah... good one.

It's funny how GSP fans still insist he's the best and act like he could return and dominate WW again even though Hendricks ran him out of the division and the current crop of WWs are the best there's ever been, so I don't see his dominance persisting Hendricks or not.

As for the TS, no I don't think Silva gets his belt back because Weidman doesn't look to be going anywhere any time soon and Silva could do next to nothing against him. Silva is only getting older, so his window is closing rapidly and it really seems like he's lost some of his drive. I think he'll return for a fight or two, pick up at least one sensational matrix win just for old time's sake, and then call it quits, leaving the MW belt for Machida and Jacare to aim for.

He won't be a contender again, MW is to tough for him now, Jacare, Machida, Weidman, Rashad, Gegard all beat him..

There are no Cote's, Leties, Lutter challenging for the title now.

No Vitors, Hendersons, Okamis, Sonnens or Franklins either I take it.

Back