Does anyone still believe in Anderson Silva?

He looked sharp up until the leg break but it's worrying how easily he went down from a tap in the clinch. And honestly, how many do seriously believe the Anderson from a few years ago would have gone down from the punch in the first match?

But who knows. The leg break might have actually been the best thing that ever happened to him and could very well be just the thing the doctor ordered to unscramble his brain a bit. Stranger things have happened.

Similar to GSP, I think Anderson lost his belt right before their divisions hit a new level of talent.

So you're saying that the likes of Hendricks, Lawler and Browne are on a different level talent-wise than GSP?

Thanks for this, I like to start every new day with a good laugh laugh, they say it's healthy.

But seriously, the likes of GSP and Anderson are the apex of MMA talent (along with JBJ), it's just impossible to keep fighting on a top level for a decade. No matter how talented you are, that kind of sustained physical effort ages you beyond your years.

...lol... Hendricks more talented than GSP... aaaah... good one.

silva is the greatest fighter ever
he hasn't taken that much damage
if he is motivated and intrigued, he will dominate again

This. I will only believe if he stops fucking around in the octagon.

Became a fan of his long before the chronic antics started and I'd like him to get back to actually fighting.

When you're that good at fighting you don't need to augment the performance to put on a show

Im pretty sure he is done fucking around in the cage.

So you're saying that the likes of Hendricks, Lawler and Browne are on a different level talent-wise than GSP?

Thanks for this, I like to start every new day with a good laugh laugh, they say it's healthy.

But seriously, the likes of GSP and Anderson are the apex of MMA talent (along with JBJ), it's just impossible to keep fighting on a top level for a decade. No matter how talented you are, that kind of sustained physical effort ages you beyond your years.

...lol... Hendricks more talented than GSP... aaaah... good one.

Came to say this.

MW has finally got some depth so you could argue that it has evolved - probably not the way TS believes it has though. WW continues to be the biggest shark tank, but GSP is still Jaws.

I was never an Anderson fan until after his last fight. Let's go Andy!

well so far only one human capable of weighing in at 185 pounds 24 hours before a fight has shown they can beat him.

No, I dont. He has lost his momentum. He has no reason to fight anymore, and thats a dangerous thing in the cage

Can never count out a beast like Silva. His losses to Weidman really damaged his image. Prior to his leg injury and KO loss he was the p4p king. The man made The Matrix seem like a thing of reality. If Weidman is bumped from the top spot it's possible Silva earns the title again.

Actually it's hard to say that he's done. Yea he lost twice to weidman and quite badly, but all the way up to that he looked great! It could be that he just matches up badly with chris, which he does. Maybe chris is just that damn good that he can beat silva in his prime. We have to see more fights to tell.

I think theres a good chance silva could come back strong. But just not as good as he used to be.

Anderson's entire style revolved around timing and reflexes. That's one of the first things to deteriorate with age.

if hes fighting anyone other than weidman yes :)

I think he still has some stuff to show us, but I don't know that he'll become champion again...

there is still a chance and if anyone can pull it off it's silva

I think he's lost that aura of invincibility that gave him such a psychological advantage in the past, and IMO that will cost him against elite fighters. While he can possibly still be a top 10 MW, his days of challenging for the title are over.

I believe in him still. All those wins and highlight reels build a lot of faith credit.

I'm just not sure he ever beats Weidman but if he ever got another shot at him, I wouldn't totally count him out.

Yes. Fans do.

Bandwagon-to-bandwagon jumpers do not.

Back