Opinion Does anyone not believe in Fake News?

Do you think there is validity to the Fake News Accusation

• Total voters
There is a perfect example of fake news right now in this thread:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ump-says-saw-the-memo-only-this-week.4099859/

Read the article linked:
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-advise...he-only-saw-the-memo-this-week-005304311.html

And then go and read the memos they are referencing. The first memo, which the Yahoo article claims Trump ignored and failed to act on, says that if the administration doesn't institute a travel ban to China, half a million people could die. The very next day, Trump instituted a travel ban. In the second memo, which Yahoo also claims Trump ignored, says that the administration should allocate $3 billion to fight coronavirus, and fast track hydroxycloroquine through the FDA. The next day, Trump said he would sign any amount of funding that Congress approved, and he has been pushing hydroxycloroquin ever since.

Biggest source of fake news is Trump's twitter page and his briefings

Trump categorizes fake news as unflattering coverage. It started early right after the inauguration. When he and his team represented the inauguration ceremony's weather (it rained) and crowds (not impressive when compared to Obama) in a completely false light. Kellyanne Conway also, early in the game, presented the ideal of "alternative facts" as a basis for their representation of the inauguration. Anyone who chested up to that tsunami of bullshit was labeled as fake news. So the genesis of fake news was reporting actual falsehoods and earning a label as a result.

While I despise all that is Trump, he's not always lying and he's not always wrong. Sometimes he and the truth cross streams and it is at these points where the more liberal media is unwilling to concede that actual truth came out of his cockholster. It is here where they are most guilty, as they tend to sensationalize down to the punctuation of his dictated remarks, in the spastic attempt to discredit him. This, along with an-uber lean to the left in positive coverage of anything anti-Trump and pro-lib earns them the label. That and they are full of shit most of the time as it applies to dry facts and truth.

Fox, the same, but more incel.

Fake news is when our chimpanzee president tells the press voting by mail is the worst thing on earth but he votes by mail in Florida. Lol

fake news from the biggest fraud of all time

Fake news is when our chimpanzee president tells the press voting by mail is the worst thing on earth but he votes by mail in Florida. Lol

fake news from the biggest fraud of all time

It is sooooooooooo ironic that SO MANY of the "FAKE NEWS! cry babies are in love with FOX NEWS..........

The irony BLEEDS.

In other news hydroxychloroquine has been removed from the CDC website. I expect many firings to occur. Maybe Trump will replace the head with this guy:

4098782801_bab8450fda.jpg
'Hes a TREMENDOUS doctor'

All news has a spin on it now a days for sure. Depending on which spin you like determines which news you watch. Real news reporting died with 9/11 IMO, maybe even before.

Forbes Magazine 10 most reliable new sources:
1 New Your Times
2 Wall Street Journal
3 Washington Post
4 BBC
5 The Economist
6 The New Yorker
7 Various wire services AP, Rueters....
8 Foriegn Affairs
9 The Atlantic
10 Politico

NPR was first runner up on their list.

Fake news is when (for decades) you use a fake name (i.e. John Barron, John Miller) then pose as your own spokesman while calling into various news and media outlets to lie about your own business f̶a̶i̶l̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ successes.

You shouldn't have to be asked to spot it as a viewer/reader. It's not a game. They need to quit selling their opinions as news. They also need to quit being political hacks, because it leads to spreading garbage, getting lazy with sources, and generally just fucks up journalistic integrity, because they are not reporting from a place of neutrality. Once upon time, it was unethical for news agencies to even hint at a political bias. Now, it's all you have. Damn near every piece of news is coming from outlets with a clear political agenda, be it left or right.

Selling opinions is easier than reporting the news. Actual reporting is hard work, and very little of it happens anymore relative to several decades back. Newsroom resources have been slashed. Beat reporters are mostly gone. All that's left are a few usually vacuous talking heads.

I find it funny that the term "fake news" was popularized by a pathological liar who uses it about any news that don't stroke his manchild ego.

I find it funny that the term "fake news" was popularized by a pathological liar who uses it about any news that don't stroke his manchild ego.

This is true.

And whenever I hear the argument that, "Well every politician lies" I always think that that's like comparing a casual drinker to Nicolas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas.

Back