Does Anyone Like Dom Cruz?

<{fry}>
Not sure if I have ADD or just need cliffs for the cliffs.

Seems you have your answer TS. Yes, people like him.
<Fedor23>

I don't like the guy, but the Cejudo stoppage was terrible.

He makes me beg for Bisping! Bisping is everything Dom is not. Quick to make fun of himself when he is wrong but pretty good read of the fight while making it fun! So fuck off Dom! My at one time most hated fighter has become my favorite commentator.

nope. petty, underhanded, self-righteous and completely unable to accept responsibility. if anyone listened to him on ufc unfiltered, matt serra manages to almost lead him down the path of his own faulty thinking but dom gets smart and backs off at the last moment like the fucken snake that he is. having a shitty upbringing doesn't excuse anyone of being a shitty person. he just oozes shit from every pore

Yep.

I like virtually everything about him, his attitude, his fighting style, how he handles a loss, his journey.

there is nothing to dislike about Cruz he’s a true legend of the game.
He is also among the GOAT shittalkers. His ability to annoy the fuck out of his opponent while speaking in a low unemotional matter of fact tone is fucking hilarious.

Dom is exactly like Mir in that they both think they are smarter than any other human they are interacting with. They are often wrong.

Even Cruz doesn't like himself.
He's a petty bitter small man

Just curious. Personally I think he's annoying and arrogant. If you watch the video below he makes excuses for his two consecutive losses stating he didn't have a camp. Dude, you have 2 years between every fight to prepare for these people. He also was proud of his fight against Kenney basically saying "that's what I can do with a full camp." I think he showed in that fight he's not a top guy anymore. In the Cejudo stoppage he acts like it was the worse stoppage in the world and wants to ban the ref from his fights. I don't think anyone who say that stoppage was thinking "wow that was a early stoppage." I guess you can argue that you recovered a little and were sorta with it but I thought it was a good stoppage. His arrogance and inability to admit his downfalls mixed with his commentary where he tries to correct people as if he's always right annoys me. One of the most annoying things he does is when he is with Rogan commentating. He is constantly saying everything Rogan says is wrong. I think I remember him saying something like "if you've actually fight in the cage you'd know" or basically said that to state Rogan was wrong. Don't get me wrong, Rogan has some biases and faults but he's a much higher level black belt than Dom is yet since Dom fights he thinks he knows more than an Eddie Bravo black belt. For reference Rogan got his black belt in 2012 under Eddie Bravo and Tony got his in 2017. Eddie doesn't hand those out.

He's a victim.

Heh... But really, Yeah he is arrogant, but he's a cage fighter. I hated him and MTB for snuffing Faber, but have grown to appreciate both over the years.. Especially MTB.

jBNdYn4.jpg

I appreciate aspects of Dominic Cruz and avoid other aspects to of Cruz

the technical aspects of old school lower weight class boxing that he adapted to MMA absolutely changed the game and will continue to shape the evolution of striking for years to come.

No exaggeration, it will be another 5-10+ years before MMA catches up with the footwork, feints, misdirection, shifting etc that Cruz* brought into MMA.

* there are a few scattered examples of other fighters bringing in similar techniques, none on the magnitude that Dom did it though.

Eddie Alvarez has been using a technique called the “dart” punch.

though many years after dom, Masvidal KOed Darren Till with a “shifting” combo which involves stepping into opposite southpaw stance to throw a left cross following an orthodox 1-2

TJ Dillashaw learned many of Dom’s techniques while imitating Dom for TAM teammates

Last edited:
theres a reason why hes 36 and single

He has a massive ego but other than that I like his commentary and he has a respectable MMA career

He looks like a mouse, sounds like a tranny, fights like a weirdo and is arrogant AF. There is not much I do like about him.

If he fights, I will like him more. Last fight was very promising that he isn't just all talk.

Back