Does Anyone Like Dom Cruz?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Just curious. Personally I think he's annoying and arrogant. If you watch the video below he makes excuses for his two consecutive losses stating he didn't have a camp. Dude, you have 2 years between every fight to prepare for these people. He also was proud of his fight against Kenney basically saying "that's what I can do with a full camp." I think he showed in that fight he's not a top guy anymore. In the Cejudo stoppage he acts like it was the worse stoppage in the world and wants to ban the ref from his fights. I don't think anyone who say that stoppage was thinking "wow that was a early stoppage." I guess you can argue that you recovered a little and were sorta with it but I thought it was a good stoppage. His arrogance and inability to admit his downfalls mixed with his commentary where he tries to correct people as if he's always right annoys me. One of the most annoying things he does is when he is with Rogan commentating. He is constantly saying everything Rogan says is wrong. I think I remember him saying something like "if you've actually fight in the cage you'd know" or basically said that to state Rogan was wrong. Don't get me wrong, Rogan has some biases and faults but he's a much higher level black belt than Dom is yet since Dom fights he thinks he knows more than an Eddie Bravo black belt. For reference Rogan got his black belt in 2012 under Eddie Bravo and Tony got his in 2017. Eddie doesn't hand those out.

I like his mentality and approach to fighting. And it's hard to hate a guy who's had such an unlucky career imo. Hit commentary's kinda shit tho. Sherdog loves to hate on guys like him, DC, Rogan, literally anyone on the desk it seems.

I didn't like how he ducked the TJ rematch to fight Cody who he thought was going to be the easier fight.

Other than that i like him.

I like his mentality and approach to fighting. And it's hard to hate a guy who's had such an unlucky career imo. Hit commentary's kinda shit tho. Sherdog loves to hate on guys like him, DC, Rogan, literally anyone on the desk it seems.
I actually like DC and Rogan. Seems like a lot of people hate Rogan. Personally I think Bisping is the best and hilarious. I remember for Arnold Allens fight DC mentioned something about how Allen's move to tristar was a great move for his wrestling and Bisping said he as long as he left the UK for his wrestling it didn't matter where he went it would be an improvement lol.

I really like watching him fight, and I like his breakdowns and some of his technical analysis whilst he commentates... But he also grates on me, like always seems a bit grouchy or something, I don't think his energy is compatible to my preference of watching fights.
Like I don't feel like he enjoys commentating.

He is smart, but have zero charisma.

I like him, he’s a knowledgeable commentator.
He lets himself down half the time though with his self righteous rants like when he called out the Monster rep.

I enjoyed how he owned TJ in that commentary they did on stools, utterly out smarted him.

I actually like DC and Rogan. Seems like a lot of people hate Rogan. Personally I think Bisping is the best and hilarious. I remember for Arnold Allens fight DC mentioned something about how Allen's move to tristar was a great move for his wrestling and Bisping said he as long as he left the UK for his wrestling it didn't matter where he went it would be an improvement lol.
I don't have a problem with any of their commentary except at times Dom and increasingly with Rogan.

I generally like him. He does sometimes disappear up his own ass with his commentary; but he has a lot of insightful and intelligent things to say too, it’s be better if he could learn to deliver it in sound bites rather than rambling. I’m a huge fan of him as a fighter as well.

Not really. I respect what he's accomplished , his skills set and his knowledge but I don't like his fighting style. He's so focused on getting hit that he's created a style where he literally can't land anything with power. He's almost trying to cheat the system. Get in there and fight like a man homie

He went out like a bitch against Cejudo.
If you make sorry excuses after getting thoroughly destroyed in a fight, you're gonna lose some fans.
Before that I really didn't have an issue with the guy. I even rooted for him vs Cody.

giphy.gif

I don't have a problem with any of their commentary except at times Dom and increasingly with Rogan.
They should never be on the same commentary desk. It's basically Rogan stating something and Dom saying why he's wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if DC said something about a wrestling exchange and Dom tells him why what he said is wrong.

I liked everything except the way he reacted to the Cejudo fight, I personally thought it was a decent stoppage. He understand he's arguing it's an early stoppage, but he handled it fairly poorly.
Besides that I like his commentary, fighting and trash talk. Great champion.

Back