Does anyone know why Holm/Pennington is the co-main?

Fair enough. The other two points still stand though.
More testament to how bad the card is. Still think Pettis Ferreira is a far more worthy co-main. Fresh match up too. The last Holm Pennington fight was a giant stinker so I'm going in with the lowest of expectations you never know I may be happily surprised, although I doubt it.

More testament to how bad the card is. Still think Pettis Ferreira is a far more worthy co-main. Fresh match up too. The last Holm Pennington fight was a giant stinker so I'm going in with the lowest of expectations you never know I may be happily surprised, although I doubt it.

From that point of view yes, but those are not the only considerations that go into deciding main and co-main events (see my earlier post for why I think Holm-Pennington makes more sense).

I agree wholeheartedly with the red-inked part though, so frankly, I don't give two shits about the order of the fights.

It makes absolutely no sense to me. Holm is 2-3 in her last 5 and Pennington is 3-2 in her last 5, with her last win being split decision. This isn't even a #1 contender fight.

On the UFC 246 Countdown, they are promoting Ferreira/Pettis like it's the co-main, and barely mentioned Holm/Pennington.

{<huh}

The UFC also did this for UFC Norfolk, where they put Felicia Spencer against Zarah Fairn dos Santos (who is 0-1 in the UFC LOL) as co-main, and there are much better fights on that card.

I'm no WMMA hater, but the UFC seem to be intentionally making their cards look worse for reasons I can't understand.

I plan to leave the room when they fight, maybe go cook something. The first one was a snoozer, just like 99% of Holly's fights.

Back