Does anyone know what fighters eat / drink after their weigh-ins?

I think it's interesting that they give cans of pepsi with Burger King in Brazil instead of fountain drinks. In America I think Burger Kings actually serve Coca Cola products instead too.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if it has something to do with not having the cleanest water source to use for fountain drinks.

Virgins, so stay clear, ts

27SALI2-superJumbo.jpg

If you asked Yves, whatever junk food he wants cause weight cutting was no sweat to him. I've wrestled since a kid until I graduated, I've kept to a weekly diet with salads and soups with one cheat day of whatever I wanted to eat for dinner. that kept me around my required weight so when weigh ins came I only needed about a pound or two to lose which fairly easy and doesn't drain you much. After weigh ins i would like a lot of Gatorade and a cheat meal at chick fil a. Then back to my normal diet the next day

Coconut water, followed by a protein shake with oats in it. Later they'll eat some pasta, rice, chicken, fish, a steak etc.

I think it's interesting that they give cans of pepsi with Burger King in Brazil instead of fountain drinks. In America I think Burger Kings actually serve Coca Cola products instead too.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if it has something to do with not having the cleanest water source to use for fountain drinks.

not sure if

Well... Benson Henderson supposedly ate ramen noodles one time...

After a big cut I like to nourish myself with clams, pink soft tacos, camel toes and moose knuckles.

Usually its pedialyte and peanut butter, maybe some celery and apples too. You don't want to gorge on food after you weigh in because you run the risk of overeating and feeling bloated/lethargic come fight time. Smaller and lean meals with plenty of carbs & protein are the way to go after a full day of dehydration.

Also given that you've been eating clean for some time, gorging down on junk will probably shut down your body. The 1st exhibition I did that, I did not enjoy my gut afterwards

Thug Jitsu purely eats Chipotle chips and graciously offers them to his opponent.

Most fighters don't eat crap till after their fight but a lot of em drink a Gatorade or something with vitamins and sugar.

Carb up, plenty of salt and electrolytes.

I think Jones will eat cabbage with beans and crab cakes to help generate the most ferocious smelling farts to launch at DC from his guard.

It will be Travis Newaza all over again, with DC having to endure horrible biological warfare from Jon's guard.

I also think Jon possibly won't shower and will use his huge feet to walk barefoot through cow dung to add more weapons to his biological arsenal. There's a lot of surface area on his feet and if they are made to stink that's a large weapon to launch in DC's face from his guard.

Back