Does anyone here have any experience W/rowing machines

walnut

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well...my wife wants an elliptical machine...

But, I have a friend selling a concept 2(rowing machine) model 2 for 500$...He paid 1000$like 8 years ago or something like that...
He just put a new PM3 computer and fiberglass handle on it...also

He swears by it and is buying a new one...Is 500$ too much $

Can anyone tell me about the workout it gives ya...
If they are prone to problems and breaking down often? etc,etc,....

Thanks in advance...

i would buy it for sure. tell your wife that this will works her arms and legs with very little impact. concept2 is the industry standard. unless he did something to trash it, there should be 0 problems.

$500 is a good deal for a rowing machine. New ones go for $2K. Get on it and make sure it works and counts distance and everything, but after that write the check. That's a great tool to have around the house. Full-body cardio. Guys at The Pit do a lot of ergometer (rowing machine) work.

$500 is a good deal for a rowing machine. New ones go for $2K. Get on it and make sure it works and counts distance and everything, but after that write the check. That's a great tool to have around the house. Full-body cardio. Guys at The Pit do a lot of ergometer (rowing machine) work.

the rowing machine is beast
it's one of those workouts that works but i hate doing it! It will work ur body that's 4 sure!!!!!!!!
My abs cramp every time i use it.
Plus my arms and legs get a crazy workout.

I have a Concept2 that I got from my uncle. It must be at least 10 years old. I use it about four times a week if not for a row workout itself then to warm up before lifting. It's still in great shape and hasn't required any maintenance so far. It's an awesome workout IF you use it regularly. It is difficult because it works the whole body and you have to make sure you have the work ethic to keep using it. I know of a few people who used it for two weeks and never used it again. If you can "test drive" it at your buddy's place I would recommend that.

You can use it for long rows, Tabata, timed rows, etc. If I could own only one cardio machine it would be a rower.

Well...my wife wants an elliptical machine...

But, I have a friend selling a concept 2(rowing machine) model 2 for 500$...He paid 1000$like 8 years ago or something like that...
He just put a new PM3 computer and fiberglass handle on it...also

He swears by it and is buying a new one...Is 500$ too much $

Can anyone tell me about the workout it gives ya...
If they are prone to problems and breaking down often? etc,etc,....

Thanks in advance...

A concept2 for 500 bucks? If you DON'T buy that rower and opt instead to buy an elliptical I will fly down to St. Louis and kick you in the nuts.

Thanks everyone for the advice...

No...Sonny I don't want to be kick in the nuts...

I'm picking it up today..if the rain will hold out...:icon_chee

Brilliant bit of gear, especially at that price

I have a concept2 and $500 is a good price if everything works good. Good luck with it and enjoy.

Well I just picked one up alittle bit ago....

Check this out my friend ended up not wanting to sell his...

So I got on craigslist this morning and low and behold the first listing was the exact same machine...but with the pm2 computer...crazy...lol

Works great...have all the orignal paper work....
Seems to be one of the best fitness investments I have ever made(for the price)...we'll see..
I got it for 475.00$....
So it seems like I got a deal...

Thanks for the advice ...I probably would have ended up getting an elliptical machine...

Sherdog CD FTW

010100011504010411200803307041be169.jpg

010102010209011602200803303ac0e6452.jpg

01011201020401161020080330a391b25ee.jpg

*Cancels plain ticket*

*removes steel toed boot*

Awesome steal walnut. The wife will enjoy it.

If I had the room I would definitely look into one of those.

*Cancels plain ticket*

*removes steel toed boot*

Awesome steal walnut. The wife will enjoy it.

If I had the room I would definitely look into one of those.

A plain ticket won't get you onto a plane you silly goose

silly_goose_s.jpg

oohh i've fallen for that scam. you pay hundreds looking for

ssss_airline_ticket_roger_wendell_2005.jpg

and the damned tricksters send you one of these

ticket.gif

It's hard to beat an elliptical (but I'd never buy one other than top notch like Life Fitness or Precor---I own a Life Fitness) for calories and leg workout, but a rowing maching is a damn good piece of equipment.

Man, oh man, the gym I plan on putting together when I leave this apartment for a house in the coming months!!! :icon_chee

Back