Does anyone have the compu-strikes?

Fear_Wanderlei

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
First off, wow, what a damn fight! Hard to find a title fight like that because usually 1 guy is either over matched, or 1 guy is playing it conservative. Those boys need to be paid! I'm not upset with the decision, I thought Alex won, but thought it could've went either way. Far from a robbery. I was baffled at the 49-46 score though LOL I saw a lot of people thinking Jones won the 4th round. Yes, he landed the big elbow and had Alex hurt, but that was for 30seconds or so. What about the previous 4minutes where Jones was getting picked apart? Was that the deciding factor in the fight? Do the judges score cards go official after every round or do they put their official scores in at the end?

Anyways, I heard Rogan mention that Alex landed 200+ significant strikes. Can anyone provide the stats, an image, or a link with those?

I just think it's one of those fights that if a first time fan watched it, they'd look at both fighters after the fight, and assume Alex won...

At one point they showed head strikes and it was 81-18 Gus-Jones

Narrowly winning a round for 4 minutes isn't enough to negate getting rocked and nearly finished...

Another thing about stats: a huge number of Jones's sig strikes were leg kicks that Gus seems to have simply shrugged off.

Another thing about stats: a huge number of Jones's sig strikes were leg kicks that Gus seems to have simply shrugged off.

He didn't check many of them, the only ones he really checked were to the head, and I only think 1 did any significant damage, which was in the 4th round. Any other time, he had his hands up.

Narrowly winning a round for 4 minutes isn't enough to negate getting rocked and nearly finished...

This is where I disagree. I don't think Alex was narrowly winning the round. I thought Alex was clearly picking Jones apart the entire round until that elbow rocked him.

Yeah Im starting to hate the get beat for 4 minutes and 30 seconds, then bullrush the last 30 to win the round shit.

Jeremy Botter of Bleacher Report posted some official stats on twitter which said that Gus had more volume in 294 vs. 220 in total strikes thrown, but that Jones's significant strike percentage was much higher-- 62% to 38%, respectively.

Jeremy Botter of Bleacher Report posted some official stats on twitter which said that Gus had more volume in 294 vs. 220 in total strikes thrown, but that Jones's significant strike percentage was much higher-- 62% to 38%, respectively.

Sounds about right.

ok but who landed more significant strikes?

Yeah Im starting to hate the get beat for 4 minutes and 30 seconds, then bullrush the last 30 to win the round shit.

I'd agree with you if Jones had only scored a takedown or had fired back with volume that didn't do anything. But he landed more effective strikes there and also landed damaging strikes. I think that's enough to take a round in which he was getting beaten but wasn't close to being finished

That wasn't a bullrush. That was getting rocked, taking more significant damage than Jones had in the entire fight up until that point, and in danger.

He didn't check many of them, the only ones he really checked were to the head, and I only think 1 did any significant damage, which was in the 4th round. Any other time, he had his hands up.

I didn't say he checked them, I said he shrugged them off. He checked some but I think he just wasn't that bothered. Elbows where Jones's only effective weapon really. But they were good otoh.

He wasn't narrowly winning rounds, he was outboxing Jones for nearly the whole fight!

Back