Does anyone find it funny the majority of Conor's training is striking?

UFCFAN18

I got my Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know he has been training with a BJJ blackbelt by the name of Dillon Danis but it seems the Conor is dedicated to the idea of out striking Diaz for 5 rounds with better gas management.

I'm starting to wonder if were all looking forward to a fight that is gonna play out way different then we expect. Do you guys think this fight will play out on the feet or on the ground?

Conor will absorb a pair of 1-2's and will quit. Conor reacts very badly to being punched in the face.
I envision very similar outcome as in the first fight.

Well, in 6 months he can't get good enough to challenge Nate on the ground, but maybe he can defensively stay on his feet and stick his fists in all the right places.... I think that might be the logic if he really is mostly striking

Nate for the win though

He's too arrogant to learn from his mistakes. And that suits me just fine.

Nate by sub in round 4.

All the training we get to see are in 3 minute clips out of weeks and weeks of training.

You were there and witnessed the majority of his training?

I know he has been training with a BJJ blackbelt by the name of Dillon Danis but it seems the Conor is dedicated to the idea of out striking Diaz for 5 rounds with better gas management.

I'm starting to wonder if were all looking forward to a fight that is gonna play out way different then we expect. Do you guys think this fight will play out on the feet or on the ground?
I think it plays out nearly the same with Nate starting off from outside rolling with punches. I see Nate turning it up big time toward the end of the 1st.

He will start overwhelming Conor in the 2nd once he lands clean a few times and Conor will get frustrated. Diaz finishes Conor on the feet by TKO as Conor gasses and gives up. Either late 2nd, early 3rd.

Conor will try to wing the left once he's tired hoping for a hail mary KO and that's what wil cause him to become Gray Maynard. He won't likely shoot this time. He can't afford to quit again because this is his last chance so he will role the dice and let the chips fall.

Conor will absorb a pair of 1-2's and will quit. Conor reacts very badly to being punched in the face.
I envision very similar outcome as in the first fight.
Lol, right because Conor wilted under those bombs from Mendes, right? The one time we've seen Conor hurt it was nothing to do with Conor being wide open and getting cracked perfectly on the jaw by Diaz or anything, right?

Looking to go out in a blaze of panic wrasslin' glory. That's the best any gazelle can hope for in this life.

All the training we get to see are in 3 minute clips out of weeks and weeks of training.

That is true and I was thinking the same thing but just by the way Conor talks I do believe that HE believes this fight is gonna be a brawl, I'm not so sure Diaz is gonna do that with everything at stake and with such a clear advantage on the ground.

Nate doesn't have a clear way to get this fight to the ground. He never goes for doubles or singles but gets his takedowns from clinches.

On the ground, Nate has a massive advantage and always actively looks for submissions.

Conor will be looking to avoid the clinch at all costs and probably not throw any half-assed easily caught kicks.

Lol, right because Conor wilted under those bombs from Mendes, right? The one time we've seen Conor hurt it was nothing to do with Conor being wide open and getting cracked perfectly on the jaw by Diaz or anything, right?
I have a little secret for you. You may wanna be seated for this. It's huge news........

Ready? Mmmmmkay.

Conor isn't fighting Mendes, homie. He's fighting Nathaniel Diaz.

That is true and I was thinking the same thing but just by the way Conor talks I do believe that HE believes this fight is gonna be a brawl, I'm not so sure Diaz is gonna do that with everything at stake and with such a clear advantage on the ground.

I think it will be a stand up fight until someone gets put on the ground. Diaz's love to bang.

My thinking behind Conor's training clips is that's where he shines and he wants to present himself in the best light. Also, it may not be a great idea to show a Gracie JJ black belt the things he's been working on in training.

I have a little secret for you. You may wanna be seated for this. It's huge news........

Ready? Mmmmmkay.

Conor isn't fighting Mendes, homie. He's fighting Nathaniel Diaz.

I'm not convinced that you are as clever as you think you are. You're clearly a bored instigator - why not take a little Sherbreak and do something more productive with your time?

The person I quoted said something that isn't necessarily accurate. I'm happy to debate the point he or she made.

I don't find anything about MMA funny, like haha funny.

It's legit sport and people can get hurt.
Try laughing a nut punch or a Jones eye poke.

I see no haha funny stuff here.

Sometimes though when they show the ring girls ass between rounds I snicker a bit but I don't fucking laugh and it ain't funny.

I'm not convinced that you are as clever as you think you are. You're clearly a bored instigator - why not take a little Sherbreak and do something more productive with your time?

The person I quoted said something that isn't necessarily accurate. I'm happy to debate the point he or she made.
Lol, my Sherbro Psychology Degree just kicked in. If I'm not so clever then why are you the first one to bring it up? I've never claimed to be clever. But you clearly seem to think so. I appreciate your fine compliment, son.

#KThanks

How does TS know the majority of Conor's training is striking? Because he saw a combine 6 minutes and 21 seconds of footage from 2 Embedded videos?

It's board not bored.

Maybe you should have a 'Sherbreak" dickhead.

Back