Does anyone else think that Nick Diaz could beat Woodley?

I think Nick could do it. The only real issue to me is that Nick is historically a slow starter, and Woodley is a fast starter. We've seen that kind of thing happen in numerous fights that causes things to end quickly.

Woodley is one of the easier fights for Nick in the current welterweight picture.

Assuming its a 5 round fight, it is a forgone conclusion that Tyron runs out of gas long before Nick.

Betting on an early KO against Nick is a bad idea, and Tyron doesn't have the tank to out wrestle him for 5 rounds.

Woodley is one of the easier fights for Nick in the current welterweight picture.

Assuming its a 5 round fight, it is a forgone conclusion that Tyron runs out of gas long before Nick.

Betting on an early KO against Nick is a bad idea, and Tyron doesn't have the tank to out wrestle him for 5 rounds.
Agree with this. Not many people have the cardio and fitness to not wilt against Nick over 5 rounds.

Woodley should be the favorite but I can't think of anyone at welterweight Nick would have no chance against in a 5 round fight.

nick diaz has not won a fight in five years and that was against BJ Penn

it's an easy fight for Woodley if he doesn't gas because he is black

but also WOodley would probably just KO nick int he first round like he did to Lawler and then sherdoggers would get even madder and say it was a lucky punch or some shit

#CHOSENONEBLESS

The Diaz bros. both have suspect TD defense. Woodley is an extremely explosive, 2X all American wrestler.

I'm sure he'd have no problem taking Nick down and controlling him a la GSP.

His striking may not be the most technical in the world but, as he showed on Saturday, it might be the most dangerous at WW.

One-punching Robbie Lawler is, indeed, something to write home about.

By the 3rd round Woodley is usually pretty exhausted though. I could see Nick overwhelming him in round 4 or 5 for the tko/sub

Honestly, I don't care about the odds or chances of either fighter/ The fact that a newly crowned champ immediately called for a fight against a guy who hasn't won or accomplished anything in years, after sitting out for 18 months himself, makes me wanna puke.

Agreed. Historically, Diaz does well against power punchers. Granted, he takes an absolute ASS whooping, but he typically wins. I think if Diaz survived the first 2 rounds, he would likely win by tko or submission. I'm fairly certain Diaz could handle Woodley's power, and i'm also fairly certain Woodley couldn't handle Diaz's out put. With all that said, I doubt Diaz will take the fight and even if he does he'll likely find a way to smoke some dope and get suspended or something.

It'd be the first time in the UFC someone had to give a title back because they got high.

You're retarded if you think Nick can't beat Woodley.

I can definitely see Diaz beating Woodley.

When was the last time Nick won a fight in the UFC? Wasn't it Penn? Why does everyone act as if he is some type of world beater when he clearly isn't.

When was the last time Nick won a fight in the UFC? Wasn't it Penn? Why does everyone act as if he is some type of world beater when he clearly isn't.
because the last guys he lost to were gsp/anderson silva.. reasonable losses

and you can argue that he won the fight against Condit.

Wrestling, motherf***er! Do know what it is?

With Woodley there is always the chance that you get a repeat of what we just saw against Lawler. He's also known to not be the most mentally tough or cardio-inclined guy in the world.

I think if he doesn't land a bomb and finish Diaz in the first, he would get finished within 5 rounds. Diaz can box like pretty much noone else in the division and he is tough as shit and all kinds of relentless. Diaz really is that good. It takes near-perfect performances to beat him at WW. I would actually favour Diaz.

Nick probably isn't taking the fight, anyway. He and Nate fight for money, not belts. Woodley, even with the belt, isn't a draw that brings the money.

Back