Does anyone else think it's weird that Jon Jones is left handed?

My left hand/arm is useless for Doing anything but it has retard strength for some reason.

Yushin Okami is right handed but stances as a lefty, and literally just knows to throw jabs. When he rarely throws his left you can tell thats not his skillful hand.

I guess this can be useful in mma to mix with wrestling as someone posted before.

Lyoto an Anderson aren't left handed but they fight southpawn

is normal

What kinda modeling bulllshit is this guy into? Once he loses, his world is gonna crumble.

A.Silva and Machida are both right handed and fight south paw. Bruce Lee taught us this is the proper way of combat, as he used it from fencing

He probably just stuck with learning striking out of his wrestling stance when he started so he doesn't have to switch stances when shooting. Lots of fighters don't fight in the stance they are expected to fight in like Lyoto, Anderson, Franklin, Okami, Cro Cop, Gomi, and Nick Diaz.

Makes perfect sense. Born in another century, he would have been burned at the stake for using the 'sinister' hand.

Can you provide an example of a left-handed person being burned at the stake (for being left-handed)? I hear this stated all the time, but I never see any sources, just internet claims.

Given that left-handed folks are roughly ten percent of the population, this seems like bullshit.

Left handed people are more creative. Just look at his fighting style.
Then look at Cormier.
Ones logical, another is creative.

My left hand/arm is useless for Doing anything but it has retard strength for some reason.

I second this, im right handed but my left hand/arm is stronger than the wrath of god

I, too, am a lefty, but do a bunch of things with the right. The only thing off the top of my head that I can do equally well with each hand is use scissors. Also, being a lefty at school made me feel like an outcast of some sort, like, people would look at me like I'm different and weird.

What about Lebron? He writes and eats with his left hand..

v7u4srjgdfwqoudr3o4r.jpg

but shoots the ball with his right hand?

lebron-james-miami-heat-championship_580.jpg

It's a thing some boxers like to do. I do it. Having a BOSS jab can be better than a big straight.

If he was truly ambidextrous he wouldn't shoot with his left hand though. That significantly gimps him for so many reasons. And he had his assault rifle custom made for a left handed shooter when it would have been a million times more practical to get a standard one if he can actually shoot that way?

I'm right handed, and the first time I shot I went with two friends one right handed, and one lefty.

Surprisingly I was more accurate with the left handed weapon.

Could have been better sites though

I'm a lefty yet I have my left hand forward when I fight. It just feels more comfortable and let's me use my front arm better for quicker jabs, parrying punches and handtraps.

Being a lefty is a real advantage in fighting, you'd think he would have retained that if he was in fact left handed.

As far as the pictures of him shooting go I have known several people who were right handed but left eye dominant and are forced to shoot lefty.

Also, for some reason I've seen photos that get reversed/mirror image'd before, could this be the case here?

A large porcentage of very elite athletes have cross-dominance (right handed & left-footy or the other way around):
Leo Messi
Lebron James
Iker Casillas
Rafa Nadal
Maradona
A study concluded that out of the top goalkeepers (soccer) and tennis players, a large porcentage, like 30-40% had cross-dominance while out of total population is around 10%

It likely has to be with more facility to do unortodox movements, what at the elite level, could be a competitive advantage
Sorry for my english

he is lefty.
In bad blood, he is signing autograph with the left hand

I'm semi-ambidextrous (cross-dominance is the right term I think), which means doing some things with the left hand and others with the right hand. There is no logic, it's seemingly completely random.

While watching Bad Blood I saw Jones signing autographs with his left hand and holding his pen very awkwardly with his left hand, just the way I do it. So I am going to guess that he is cross-dominant Which basically doubles the number of eye poking options :p

It's a thing some boxers like to do. I do it. Having a BOSS jab can be better than a big straight.

While this can be true, Jones doesn't have a good jab, though him fighting as an orthodox fighter while being left handed does help explain why Jones doesn't have much power in his hands.

Back