Does anyone else think it's weird that Jon Jones is left handed?

Unicorn Princes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But fights like a right-handed fighter? (jabs with left)

Jonny-Jones-Guns-2.jpg

33y12e1.png

mkkimw.png

Something I noticed about him was every time he shoots he shoots like a left-handed person. His custom made assault rifle is also for a left handed shooter. Normally the ejection port is on the other side because they're made for a right handed shooter.

Is this normal in MMA, and do you think it gives him an advantage to use his dominant arm to more or less keep people at bay?

Rafael Nadal made a tennis career out of that (and made more money than all UFC fighters combined have in their careers, btw).

Makes perfect sense. Born in another century, he would have been burned at the stake for using the 'sinister' hand.

That is strange to see him holding a gun like that. I would have thought he would hold it sideways with one hand.

I'm lefty but do a bunch of stuff with my right.

Is normal.

He probably is ambidextrous.

If he was truly ambidextrous he wouldn't shoot with his left hand though. That significantly gimps him for so many reasons. And he had his assault rifle custom made for a left handed shooter when it would have been a million times more practical to get a standard one if he can actually shoot that way?

yeah I saw him sign autograph with his left also, but he fight orthodox.

For some reason, left handed suggests to me a particular kind of personality which Jones doesn't seem to exhibit.

But he's fake as hell, so who knows. :rolleyes:

Maybe he is left eye dominant?

I'm right handed and left eye dominant so my shooting is off

People don't fight left handed they are either orthodox or southpaw stance and combat sports have a long history of competitors that are righty fighting southpaw and lefties fighting orthodox.

Lots of people are more dominant with their right hand even though they're lefties. But writing is the hardest thing you can do with your hands so you're considered left handed. But he probably feels more comfortable jabbing with his left hand because because that's his dominant hand. Happens a lot on boxing actually

Back