Does anyone else think Cormier would defeat Jones?

RexChapmanFan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I estimate I'm one of the only fans out there who truly believes Cormier is better than Jones and would beat him in a fight.

He has better wrestling and striking and appears to have more or at least equivalent athletic ability.

I think Cormier wins the striking (his reach is not great, but he typically has a disadvantage there without it presenting problems) and mixes in the wrestling and GnP whenever he really wants to in that fight.

Can never count Jones out, obviously, but I think Cormier would win by later round stoppage.

What say you?

I estimate I'm one of the only fans out there who truly believes Cormier is better than Jones and would beat him in a fight.

He has better wrestling and striking and appears to have more or at least equivalent athletic ability.

I think Cormier wins the striking (his reach is not great, but he typically has a disadvantage there without it presenting problems) and mixes in the wrestling and GnP whenever he really wants to in that fight.

Can never count Jones out, obviously, but I think Cormier would win by later round stoppage.

What say you?

You're definitely not the only one. Cormier will be the one to beat jones.

people have been talking about this fight for a long time now. Lots of people think Cormier will win for sure. I think it will be a good fight and I'd probably favor Cormier.

90% of people that dislike Jones believe Cormier is the one to beat him.

The other 10% dislike him and realize that he ain't going nowhere.

What say you?
Nope...

I'm here with the guy who's here with you

You are not alone

DC future LHW champ

If only 1% of UFC/MMA fans thought that Cormier could beat Jones, that would still be thousands of people.

I'm sure that more than 1% of MMA fans would favor Cormier just based on wishful thinking alone.

He definitely has the skills to do so. I'm not sure if he can go five rounds at Jones' pace though.

What say you?

Better Wrestling? Debatable. He has far better accolades outside the cage, but in regards to MMA wrestling, Jon's obviously one of the best, and has fought more high level wrestlers in his MMA career thus far. I think they're pretty even in MMA wrestling.

Better Striking? LMFAO. In no way has Cormier shown that he has a fraction of the striking skill Jon does.

I think Cormier could possibly win with the right game plan, but I see this going down like the Jon/Rashad fight, Jon obviously being favored.

Let's see him at LHW (for real) first. I'm not saying he's not better, but I wouldn't claim he is.
This Hendo fight will be a good test, but I'd like to see him against Rashad, Rumble, or Glover before he gets the shot.

He probably has the best chance of dethroning Jones.

And I'm part of that 10%. I just think that DC would fade against Jon at LHW, he'll be dangerous in first rounds but eventually Jones would pick him apart.

Yeah I know he was successful at HW, but I'm still not convinced. Beating cummings proved nothing.

Id give the best wrestler in mma history a pretty good chance to neutralize jones biggest strength, his wrestling. Factor in cormier has taken on guys like barnett and bigfoot and jones size is no issue. Jones striking is only top level because of his wrestling, something he may as well give up on against cormier.
I dont pick gus to win a rematch, I never gave texeira a shot, but I would say cormier is the most likely guy to beat the champ out of all contenders in all divisions

Let's see him at LHW (for real) first. I'm not saying he's not better, but I wouldn't claim he is.
This Hendo fight will be a good test, but I'd like to see him against Rashad, Rumble, or Glover before he gets the shot.

Exactly. I wish the Rashad fight went down. I don't think Hendo has any more than a punchers chance, at best. Cormier is going to rag doll him and make short work of him. We need to see DC against Rashad, Gus, AJ or someone younger/faster with better TDD than Hendo, who's wrestling skills haven't been a factor in quite some time and is slow/aged.

Jones has only faced one legit opponent and he lost. So many people are taking DC, he's the clear favourite.

And I'm part of that 10%. I just think that DC would fade against Jon at LHW, he'll be dangerous in first rounds but eventually Jones would pick him apart.

Yeah I know he was successful at HW, but I'm still not convinced. Beating cummings proved nothing.

Beating cummins proved everything it needed to-he made weight. He should already be the number 1 contender. Using the cummins fight against cormier is like looking at jones now and saying beating sonnen proves nothing-he has multiple wins over better competition

Stop turning this into a hate war scrub.

Back