Does anyone else not dislike any fighters?

When the Diaz bros retire, i'll be with you TS.

Same goes for me, only replacing Diaz with GSP.

Obviously don't hate him on a personal level, he seems like a nice dude. But I just can't stand him as a fighter.

Dislike, hate same thing.

I'm only a pretty new fan of MMA, maybe 2 or 3 years now. I did watch UFC 2 and 3 when they first came out but it wasn't for me back then.. I was pretty young.
I don't hate or dislike any fighter, I often have favourites to win (and 90% of the time they don't) but I've never had a fight where I wanted someone to lose badly.

I notice on these boards people seem to dislike Bisping or Koscheck, I think they're both great, good fighters and they fight every time.

Maybe this is a shit thread? I dunno. This thought actually came into my head when I saw people booing JDS. I honestly can't see myself booing any fighter winning or losing, as far as I'm concerned as soon as they step in that cage they have earned enough respect to avoid getting boo'd. - Although someone did bring up he may have been boo'd by people who bet on him? Maybe... Will never know for sure.

Nice thread TS
I'm with ya bro

I'm only a pretty new fan of MMA, maybe 2 or 3 years now. I did watch UFC 2 and 3 when they first came out but it wasn't for me back then.. I was pretty young.
I don't hate or dislike any fighter, I often have favourites to win (and 90% of the time they don't) but I've never had a fight where I wanted someone to lose badly.

I notice on these boards people seem to dislike Bisping or Koscheck, I think they're both great, good fighters and they fight every time.

Maybe this is a shit thread? I dunno. This thought actually came into my head when I saw people booing JDS. I honestly can't see myself booing any fighter winning or losing, as far as I'm concerned as soon as they step in that cage they have earned enough respect to avoid getting boo'd. - Although someone did bring up he may have been boo'd by people who bet on him? Maybe... Will never know for sure.

I dont hate on fighters. I enjoy watching mma in all aspects. I try to give an unbiased opinion on fights.

For instance, when I post that i dont want or care to see Silva vs GSP, I give examples of why i feel its unnecessary or unfair for both fighters, not just one. If i talk about an upcoming fight i give my opinion on how i think both fighters can win.

Im not one of those "X fighter wins by whatever he wants" or "X fighter WOULD kill Y fighters" or "X fighter would've won IF". I hate the words would and if on these boards.

the reason for hating fighters are hilarious. I mean why? Because fighter x beat your fav fighters so that means you automatically hate him and he sucks? but if he sucks then doesn't that mean your fav that he beat also suck? Or is it because you dont like his approach to fighting? You're going to hate a grappler or wrestler because they are using the tools that allows them to win? If you are an mma fan then maybe you should like all aspects of it or at the very least not hate on them

Nah sorry, whilst I admire the fact that TS that you don't dislike anyone, there are just some people I just don't like.

Both Diaz bros, Faber, Sonnen, Mir (weakened on him a bit though cos he can be pretty funny some times) and probably a few others. That's not to say I don't respect their talents or abilities, but man, some people just rub you the wrong way.

I don't really hate any. It's weird, but to me most of the guys that seem like the biggest assholes (Koscheck, Diaz bros, Hughes, Lesnar, Aoki) Are actually great fighters, pretty exciting and good finishers. For me to hate a fighter they have to be boring and have a bad personality. There have been plenty of both, but not at the same time

Nah sorry, whilst I admire the fact that TS that you don't dislike anyone, there are just some people I just don't like.

Both Diaz bros, Faber, Sonnen, Mir (weakened on him a bit though cos he can be pretty funny some times) and probably a few others. That's not to say I don't respect their talents or abilities, but man, some people just rub you the wrong way.

this is more than fair i think.

Not a shit thread at all. There are fighters I dont enjoy watching and there are fighters I prefer to see win over others but I dont think there are any I actively hate.

I use to be guilty of allowing certain fanbases taint my perception of a fighter, but it's stupid to let something outside of your control affect your attitude and enjoyment of things.

I see a lot of posters needlessly swearing off certain fighters because of this very reason and it's just illogical to do so.

I'm of the opinion that we as fans should watch the fighters we enjoy and support, not give the idea of hating fighters for reasons outside of our control a second thought. It's better to just embrace the positive aspects of the sport and shun the negative.

To participate in willing certain fighters to lose instead of just supporting the ones we want to win is doing it wrong if you ask me.

Hating anything is a waste of time

Last edited:
I'll never understand how people can dislike/hate people they don't even know...

But that's the Sherdog mentality. The same place where being a hater is better than being a "nuthugger" or whatever...

For me, there are fighters that I like to see fight (win or lose) and a few fighters that I want to win. I can't say there are any fighters that I dislike but there are fighters that I dislike to watch. I don't care if they win or lose, I don't enjoy their fights.

I don't dislike any fighter either. I have favorites just like anyone else, but I am never rooting for someone to get hurt really badly - only that the fighter I'm rooting for wins.

I hate Jon Jones, Rory MacDonald, Frank Mir!!! Nuf said.
Diaz brothers, Bisping are awesome villains!!!

There aren't too many fighters I dislike. I typically have no issues with most of MMAs villans. However, I can't stand Scott Epstien as a result of his attitude while on the TAPOUT show years ago.

J you r wiked great thread no maybe the beothes will read this &they will stop & think how retarded they r for booing although most humans r like cows if they dont have someone to follow ther lost & insecure cows

I hate the shit out of some guys. It makes the sport fun to watch.

Definitely with ya, ts. Although I did used to hate Lesnar. I knew he was just using his old rassling techniques of being a heel to generate hate, but he totally got me with it every time. There are more than a few fighters who do that. A lot of them know it's better to have people hate and tune in just in the hopes of seeing them getting their asses kicked than to not give a shit. So I think it's cool to boo Kos or Sonnen, because they're playing characters out there really, and they want some amount of hate. JDS ain't one of those guys, though, and that was some massive dickishness from the crowd that night.

Frank Mir....I'm sorry, just something about his face makes me angry. Nothing personal Frank!

The only fighter I ever truly hated was Brock Lesnar. I felt that his popularity was only from his wrestling fans crossing over which is true. I also think he was given an undeserved title shot after only having a 1-1 record in the UFC. Has anyone else got a title shot with that poor of a record? Now, he did prove to be a decent fighter at times with his demolition of Mir and comeback against Carwin, but he also proved he was never the "Baddest Man Alive" as he described himself in the Cain and Overeem fights.

He's retired from MMA now, so I don't really hate anyone. I guess it wouldn't be a bad thing to have someone over the top in MMA again. I definitely enjoyed wanting my opinion of Brock to be proven correct even when he kind of proved me wrong.

The most important thing to me is whether or not a fighter is entertaining.

Only fighters I would dislike are some of the guys who have been arrested for violent offenses. The PED thing is hard to judge in MMA.

Back