Does anyone else not dislike any fighters?

jwikked

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Dislike, hate same thing.

I'm only a pretty new fan of MMA, maybe 2 or 3 years now. I did watch UFC 2 and 3 when they first came out but it wasn't for me back then.. I was pretty young.
I don't hate or dislike any fighter, I often have favourites to win (and 90% of the time they don't) but I've never had a fight where I wanted someone to lose badly.

I notice on these boards people seem to dislike Bisping or Koscheck, I think they're both great, good fighters and they fight every time.

Maybe this is a shit thread? I dunno. This thought actually came into my head when I saw people booing JDS. I honestly can't see myself booing any fighter winning or losing, as far as I'm concerned as soon as they step in that cage they have earned enough respect to avoid getting boo'd. - Although someone did bring up he may have been boo'd by people who bet on him? Maybe... Will never know for sure.

I'm with you ts. I have fighters that I want to win, but not any fighters that I want to see lose. Those who say "I hope #^$@ gets knocked out!" are just mental midgets.

Not a shit thread TS

I too like Bisping, I understand why people hate him but I think he's gold. He's been one of my fav's since TUF 3.

I can tolerate any fighter, even if they're not my favorites. However I HATE Bones with a sad passion.

So to answer your question, no.

There's more important things in life than hating.

There's a few fighters I'd say are my favourite, after that I just enjoy fights.

When the Diaz bros retire, i'll be with you TS.

I don't really dislike any fighters, but there is fighters who I try and avoid watching because they bore me like Tim Sylvia.

I don't really dislike or hate him, I'm just not interested in his fights.

not a shit thread.

good question.

personally,

i dislike a few fighters (but very few, out of hundreds) and in those instances it took either several years, or several over-the-top incidents to sway me.

(beating 1 of my fave fighters was never a reason for me to dislike another, even if i had lost a grip on a parlay)

however, we are in the minority here.

im often amused by how incendiary "fans" will be speak about a fighter, particularly when they are centrifugal to the sport they claim to love.

typically they will blame their "hate" on the fans of said fighter, but that is not only irrational, you will notice they never write their posts that way.

i honestly blame it on what i assume to be the unhealthy self-image/psyche of the average (not casual, not hard-core) mma fan.

good topic.

When the Diaz bros retire, i'll be with you TS.

if i were to have written a postscript, these would be:

words outta my mouth.

There is some fighters who I don't like because of their personality.
But I try to be open minded.

I don't dislike any fighters who aren't doing what they shouldn't be doing in order not to be disliked.

I don't really dislike any fighters, but there is fighters who I try and avoid watching because they bore me like Tim Sylvia.

I don't really dislike or hate him, I'm just not interested in his fights.
this,plus gray maynard.apart from the frankie fights he's a good cure for insomnia for me .but i don't hate him i just never watch his fights.

Dont really like Frank Mir because he's a limb-breaking psycho, Im okay with Paul Harris doing it since Frank did not live under a bridge allthough it would be fun if he did & shared it with PH.

Dont really like Frank Mir because he's a limb-breaking psycho, Im okay with Paul Harris doing it since Frank did not live under a bridge allthough it would be fun if he did & shared it with PH.

Haha, that's funny.

The guys that brought up the Diaz bros, do you hate them both? Or do you just lump them in together?? I can see how Nick can divide people, but Nate seems pretty respectful to me, barring the lead up to Cerrone, but that was more brought on by Cowboy, right?

There are a few I dislike, but mostly I like everyone for some reason or another. I don't like Sonnen's attitude, but I like his forward-pressing style in the octagon. Same with the Diaz brothers.

The only guys I REALLY dislike are Bones, the few seconds he crawls at the start of every fight (I think it's incredibly lame) and Kongo, because used to be OK, and is now an incredibly dull wall-n-staller, who occasionally hits dudes in the nuts.

Usually I can find something to like about everyone though, I'm like that in life.

Alot of sherdoggers think dislike means hate

I do dislike fighters. But I wouldn't "boo" them and I actually like Bisping and don't have any problem with Kos.

i used to dislike Kos and AS, for the AS situation i realized why be such a child and dislike Him just because it's always been who's better GSP or AS.... he's a legend and a once in a life time MMA fighter, and with Kos i disliked him due to his horrible attitude, i just found him annoying, and not funny at all, but after he lost to GSP and Joe did the post fight interview i kind of felt bad

I don't hate any fighter. I think Koscheck is a bully and an ass, but he has been put in his place too many times for me to hold any animosity towards him. I also root heavily for the underdog (unless it's a fighter I personally am a fan of,) so it seems like I'm "rooting against" the likes of Jones, Silva, and previously Fedor, but I don't have a thing against any of them.

Back