Does anyone else has Predator like mentality, like Fedor

Cain would always get into opponent's face and would throw hundreds of punches mixed with takedowns.

I've always had the feeling that Fedor knows his hand speed is epic for HW, and no HW has anywhere close to his hand speed.. so he knows if he blitz's guys and is aggressive and lets go that most of the time they can't withstand it.. even MW/LHW guys like Rampage and Sonnen said Fedor's hands were so fast and they didn't know what hit them

I believe this is the main reason why he tries to blitz and throws barrages from early on

Fedor always throw bombs standing even back then.

He's both smart and emotionless, focused on the right thing. Doesn't fear getting KO'd, but also makes quick adjustments.

Like when those Timothy hooks came a bit too close, he notices it and right away steps out of range and doesn't lead anymore (at 3:50). Then the counter KO comes soon after.

Did it in his prime and even now. The smarts separate him from fearless brawlers.

It wasn't just his chin. From 2004 to 2010, he was statistically the least hit fighter in all of MMA. His defense was ridiculous, footwork, his interval/cadence/ma-ai were something else.

It wasn't at all about his chin. His chin was probably average at best even in his prime. It's like you said, only a few fighters were able to touch it.

It's hard to name a single fight where Fedor has taken a clean hard strike on the chin without being at least rocked.

His glass chin only highlights the fact how much ahead his competition he was skill wise/defensively in his prime.

il04CG.gif

I think you're talking about the tiger blood. Anderson Silva has it in him.
Anderson is the ufc goat. He is a true martial artist with great understanding of the game. Definitely not a headhunter, will pick you a part within several stages.

yes

Cain would always get into opponent's face and would throw hundreds of punches mixed with takedowns.
pressure fighter. totally different.

Sokoudjou
yes, for a short time.

wanderlei, khamzat, vitor
yes

Back