Does anyone believe in Jan winning?

Hahaha. I'd never come close. I can get some of the bigger profile fights right, but I don't know how you guys ace those prelim bouts.
It’s hard sometimes, but I’ve always enjoyed games like that and doing research.
What’s crazy hard is this game I used to play when I posted at MMATorch. It was a Confidence Picks Prediction game. So you’d not only pick all your winners, but then assign each fight a value based on how confident you were. So on this card there’s 15 fights. Nunes beating Megan would prob be my #15 (most confident). The fight you’re least confident in is your “1.” And you have to number them all. Whoever gets the most points, wins. I was verrrry briefly champion, but geez it was tough.

Jan by KO
SelfreliantAgonizingDungenesscrab-size_restricted.gif

This fight will be similar to Thiago v Jan. Izzy has shown enough imo to keep the fight standing and to keep the fight 8n favourable positions. Most of Jan's Subs have come pre UFC. Although his Krylov Sub is very impressive

40 yr old Yoel Romero kept Adesanya honest. i don't see why Jan couldn't. of course Adesanya can catch the riddim and do him like Paulo, but i doubt Jan will stand there like a grinning idiot the way Costa did.

I'm rooting for Jan, strength, grappling and KO power is on his side. While Israel has youth, reach, and better striking pedigree.
WAR Polish power.

Jan has a punchers chance. That’s about it. Jan has some nice hype behind him now with the legendary polish power and all.

Izzy is just better and come fight night Jan is going to be stuck in the mud thus leading to another angry night for all the Izzy haters who simply just don’t like him.

Izzy isn't invincible, but to say Jan will get rekt is stupid.

We'll see what happens, i don't count Jan out.

If Yan decides to have a kickboxing match he will get picked apart and lose even with the Polish power , however if he comes in with solid gameplan mixing striking ,grappling dirty boxing and TD's he has a good chance.....I doubt he pulls a Costa punching bag effort and hungover on Vodka.

A strong submission game. Have you ever watched Jan fight? I favor Adesanya in this fight, but saying Jan has only a punchers chance is ignorant. Just like your cowardly inference earlier about race was ignorant.

Not taking anything away from Jan's skills and accomplishments, but in this particularly matchup, I feel he only has a puncher's chance. That includes kicks as well. But really just punches.

Another thing is that so many people are saying Jared is being overlooked, but there are more people saying he's overlooked than those who are overlooking him. Unless most of them are one in the same.

He def. has a chance, I hope he pushes a pace and goes forward a lot. Playing the counterstriker on the outside prolly isn't going to do the trick.

As much as I want to see Jan win if it becomes a pure kickboxing match I don't give him much of a chance, seems like Izzy will be coming to the fighter a lot lighter than Jan so he will have the strength advantage and needs to fuck him in the clinch and get ahead by doing it maybe tiring him out and then striking with him.

I don’t think it’s outside of the realm of possibility. I even picked Blachowicz to beat Reyes, and 3 stoppage wins in his last 4 fights in nothing to be overlooked...

Still, I believe that Adesanya taking a decision is the much more likely outcome.

Not taking anything away from Jan's skills and accomplishments, but in this particularly matchup, I feel he only has a puncher's chance. That includes kicks as well. But really just punches.

Another thing is that so many people are saying Jared is being overlooked, but there are more people saying he's overlooked than those who are overlooking him. Unless most of them are one in the same.
I totally get that thinking. Izzy is probably the best striker in the UFC, has never been in real danger let alone defeated, and is great at distance management. If Jan can’t close the distance, then I agree he has a puncher’s chance. That said, he is a sneaky puncher with good power. But he’s got 5 rounds to get in close and rough Izzy up in the clinch, or take him down. And Jan is the bigger, stronger guy with the better grappling game.
Super interesting fight though, I can’t wait.

Was picking Jan to win until I rewatched the Thiago Santos fight. Jan looked slow and it almost seemed as if he was bothered by the pressure and couldn't find rhythm. Can't fight like that against Adesanya. If he was the same height or taller than Adesanya, I would pick Jan but I see Adesanya frustrating and outpointing him until hes gassed out, then he might go for the kill

He's a nice guy, and certainly hits very hard, but the problem is he's facing a far better and faster striker.

I would never be surprised to see him win, but I'm certainly not expecting him to.

A strong submission game. Have you ever watched Jan fight? I favor Adesanya in this fight, but saying Jan has only a punchers chance is ignorant. Just like your cowardly inference earlier about race was ignorant.
Oh so Jan's the wrestler to hold Izzy down? Interesting but we both know Izzy will be far too fast to fall for that.

Oh so Jan's the wrestler to hold Izzy down? Interesting but we both know Izzy will be far too fast to fall for that.

I know nothing of the sort.

I've already said I favor Izzy in this fight. But there are plenty of unknowns.

Back