Does anyone actually train anymore?

Best shape in my life. Just got into power lifting and adding 1-2 kgs every week.

Sorry for taking your shoes bro, it was just laying there so I figured they were free.

What about laying in the pipe?
Well....it was no laying the pipe till no dirty shoes in the house.....so I'm glad u took them, haha!

Seriously, thanks all u guys out there keeping everyone safe not selfishly training. We're all tough enough to survive this but have a huge chance of having permanent cardio damage or infecting the vulnerable around us. We need to get below 25 on infections per million in America to be safe and we can get there by wearing masks.

Monday - HIIT
Tuesday - Resistance training
Wednesday - HIIT
Thursday - Resistance training
Friday - Functional training

And every other day I do stretches aiming for the splits + TMA style leg conditioning drills for higher kicking and control.

I have my boy training me. I could go to a gym but I feel like sticking with my boy right now since he’s getting me right. Other then that COVID hasn’t really effected anything in my life other then the pain of having to wear a mask everywhere limited jobs in the airport, and that’s about it.

I haven't done BJJ since shutdown in March - Both my parents are in the vulnerable sector and I do see them often so I'm just no willing to risk it.

I bought a grappling dummy and try to bust it out as often as possible to drill moves.

I'm in an apartment and I have no where to set up my BAS system or a punching bag (I have a few pieces of equipment that eat up the extra space). I just do shadow boxing. Hoping that the 2nd wave is not as bad (the predictions are that is is going to be worse because of people just ignoring precautions - not wearing masks, large groups, partying, etc) so I can get back to the gyms.

As Max said - it is what it is.

In Denmark gyms are open again and you can train what you want with who you want as long as the attendance to the class is under 50. We only had lockdown of gyms in Denmark from late March to June

gyms are open however most work with private sessions, I have quit training regularly even before the lockdown , I don't know some people think that they might not get it but if you read the research the asymptomatic are close to 5% , the rest 75% get sick , the rest 15% get hospitalized and the rest 5% ...

Here in Germany every contact Sport has the following official rule at least Our gym Do the following. Max 15 Person per boxing Workout, also you have to apply online (no excuse App) for that particular Training. Sparring/Partner drills: Form a group of 4 Persons (Trainer writes Name of each one and number of group ie, 4 groups with number 1 til 4). Enjoy sparring as covid doesnt exist.

Next Training you have New mix of People, rule is 4 People per group Dont change that on that Day.

With other words it's nearly like before. Since August.

PS: F_cking covid!

I have a body weight routine that I hit 3x week. Solo karate practice 1-2x week (I'm sure there's significant slippage in skills) but kata actually helps keep my mind on task. I do teach my son, can I call that super duper light sparring? :D

Back