Does anyone actually like their life?

I don't particularly liked my childhood, but it has been a gradual upswing since then and I am content with my life in my mid 30s.

Hell yes.

Six years into the career I went to school for (lawyer)
Car owner
House owner
Dog owner
Happily married for over four years to my wife who I've been with nearly 11 years
Proud father to an 18 month old son who's both adorable and super good (sleeps well, doesn't cry, friendly)

I envy no man.

Honestly I've lived an easy life up to this point, and all my problems have been first world problems.

I'm finally back in school and working towards an actual career, so yeah I'd say I'm enjoying my life right now.

AGE ?

This is a complicated question for me - I suppose it is pretty telling that I can't definitively say that I enjoy life.

Broadly speaking, I have things that I enjoy. I have a wonderful family who I love dearly, a promising career, and as far as I can tell, I am reasonably healthy. But I would be lying to say that I have found purpose - in alot of ways, it feels like I am waiting for that "a-ha" moment, where the final piece of the puzzle falls into place and I can say feel content. It feels as though I am always wanting something more (not material, as money has legitimately never mattered all that much to me), but I couldn't tell you what I want more of.

What makes it all the more unsettling is that I know I should be happy based on what I have.

28/M/Alberta

<28>

Why do you ask that bro.

Just what i quoted you saying is very similar to my life, so was curious of your age for more comparison

Ive not started back at school yet but willbe doing so next year at which point i will also be 28

Feels old

Thanks for making the thread. It's a time of year to take stock of your blessings. I love having the chance to remind myself why I am thankful.

Yeah the depression on this site is ridiculous.

All I see on this forum is depression, misery, suicide contemplation, cries for attention, whining, etc.

Does anyone here enjoy life? This thread is for people who actually like their lives.

Get in here and post how awesome your existence is.

To all you sad people out there... just turn that frown upside down!

Ill go first. I'm married, have a great job, live near my parents, live in a great city

Fuck yeah.. I have a great job, a great flat in the best city in the world..NYC - Great friends and family. If your life is shit then you have one person to blame - yourself. I think what we are seeing these Millennials - the snowflake generation...The really can't do anything on their own and expect everything to be done for them..They take no responsibility for anything.

read about it...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

Late Christmas gift to all of you depressed sherdoggers:

giphy.gif

^^^Didn't both her daughters go into the adult industry:)

Not only do I completely love my life but 2016 was awesome for me.

While I do battle depression (genetic), I am a very grateful man for the life I have. Very grateful for the good job I have (took a lot of work to get here as it's my 2nd career, but that just makes it more satisfying) considering I was born into low income housing and from a small town where only about 2% of the people ever make it out. My ex-wife and I are now back together and the relationship is better now than what it ever could have been without the 4 years apart from each other. <-- This also means I have my puppy back, whom I missed so very much. I've paid off upwards of 40k of debt in the last 3 years and am so close to having the rest paid off, which will free up >1k/month in just free money to do with as I please. My mom and sister (pretty much the extent of my family) are very happy in their lives, which wasn't anywhere close to the case just a few years ago.

So yeah, all in all, I have my demons, but I'm very very grateful and happy that things are looking up in the world of coopdro.

All I see on this forum is depression, misery, suicide contemplation, cries for attention, whining, etc.

Does anyone here enjoy life? This thread is for people who actually like their lives.

Get in here and post how awesome your existence is.

To all you sad people out there... just turn that frown upside down!

Ill go first. I'm married, have a great job, live near my parents, live in a great city

That is just the millennials. I blame low testosterone and cucks.

I'm sure lots of people love their life. The people you're complaining about are a small fraction of posters. Anyway no I don't enjoy mine. Mostly waiting for it to be over.

"Turn that frown upside down"....... yeah gtfo

While I do battle depression (genetic), I am a very grateful man for the life I have.

So yeah, all in all, I have my demons, but I'm very very grateful and happy that things are looking up in the world of coopdro.

That is something I like to hear. I heard Mcgregor say the samething especially coming from humble beginnings. Have you ever tried meditation or reading ecky bro?

I'm sure lots of people love their life. The people you're complaining about are a small fraction of posters. Anyway no I don't enjoy mine. Mostly waiting for it to be over.

"Turn that frown upside down"....... yeah gtfo

Yeah well screw you "Mike". Don't go spreading your bad vibes in here mate, this thread is for the happy folks only..

hold on wtf am I doing in here?

giphy.gif

Yeah well screw you "Mike". Don't go spreading your bad vibes in here mate, this thread is for the happy folks only..

hold on wtf am I doing in here?

giphy.gif

Yeah probably better to ignore it, but it's hard not to take a swing at a thread labeling clinical depression and other serious psychological issues as "first world problems"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back