Does anyone actually like their life?

I very much enjoy mine. Lots of ups and downs but great overall.

Happily married, mother of two beautiful girls, very comfortable life.

You're a mom too? I thought I was the only old lady here. (Old being relative.) Hi!

I suppose.

I exist rather than live. Same as most other people who would never admit that and actually believe what they were told in school about being special simply because they're human, but unlike them i'm under no illusions that most human life(including mine) is worthless.

I do the things i enjoy doing and i'm content. As a bonus, i have no children or at least nothing that can be traced back to me #winning

I wonder if people who say they are happy and content are doing self-consolation, pointing out times of goodness amidst a background of suffering. Is life really mostly suffering as, for example, Buddhism states? It seems all spiritual/religious teachings state universal suffering and provide ways to end it through self control, repentance, etc. I often wonder if it is true for the masses. Do we just lie to ourselves, ignore it?

Then again, if someone says they are content, that should be respected. If they really are, they have some kind of positive control or balance that should be an inspiration.

I have a bunny. Nothing beats that :3

I wonder if people who say they are happy and content are doing self-consolation, pointing out times of goodness amidst a background of suffering. Is life really mostly suffering as, for example, Buddhism states? It seems all spiritual/religious teachings state universal suffering and provide ways to end it through self control, repentance, etc. I often wonder if it is true for the masses. Do we just lie to ourselves, ignore it?

I mostly worry the opposite: that people will find a way to bitch, moan, complain and be a victim no matter how relatively painless their life actually is.

I had to think about it but no then agian I always turn into a moody cunt when I'm not working.

It occurred to me recently that I'm just waiting for my parents to die so I can shuffle off this mortal coil myself.

I kid around about being dead inside, but it's largely true.

This is the first time I've verbalized that thought.

I currently have a handle of Woodford Reserve, a 5th of Laphroaig 10 year and a 5th of Blanton's Bourbon.

I'm about to go drink half priced margaritas and eat Korean rib tacos.

Theres also a high likelihood that my dick will get sucked tonight.

So yeah, life's pretty good.

Hell yes! That's the point in life - do something with it that makes you happy.

i do, even tho i hate going through the routine motions of daily stupid ass retarded shit i guess most of the civilized side of the planet hates as well

It occurred to me recently that I'm just waiting for my parents to die so I can shuffle off this mortal coil myself.

I kid around about being dead inside, but it's largely true.

This is the first time I've verbalized that thought.
nothing matters. i am fairly young but i already wait the great perhaps.

i suppose i like my life.
i have freedom (aka, no marriage or kids), a great job with fringe benefits most would kill for, no debt, and plenty of money socked away for a rainy day. shit, i could go a couple of years with zero income coming in, and still be able to maintain my current lifestyle.
could it be better? sure. i'm not banging super models daily, so i suppose life sucks in that respect.

That's friggin awseome!
Why, thank you!
You're a mom too? I thought I was the only old lady here. (Old being relative.) Hi!
Yep! The older is 8 and the second just had her first birthday last week. I've been laying low since I joined because Sherdog is pretty hostile in general, but the people here at Mayberry are pretty chill. I agree on old being relative lol, but you are not alone! :D

High five, fellow mom!

My life is pretty dandy.
No complaints.

Yes. Only thing that can make it better is a lottery win.

My life is OK and I have hobbies that keep me intrigued but I'm nervous for the future. I'm in my late 20's but have had type 1 diabetes for 18.5 years now.

No complications or anything yet...but worry about heart disease later in life. I take care of myself (blood sugars, blood pressure, cholesterol are fine...diet is good, exercise a bit, not much stress, no family history) but this disease can be unpredictable at times and the ones that take care of themselves don't ALWAYS have the best outcomes, sometimes they have problems too.

I have an awesome wife, two great kids with a third on the way, and I like much of my family back home.

I'm sick of the navy and ready to go back closer to my hometown. I don't have a large income, but we're good at living within our means and have no debt.

I have a good number of job opportunities when I get out and I can finish my degree for free.

Overall, I'm very happy with my life.

I love my life. Not sure why people complain so much. Don't like how your life is going? Fix it.

Back