Does anyone actually believe that Jan Balovisk can beat Jonny Bones? Izzy beats Jan

Jan dominated Reyes who arguably beat Jones. Outside of countering Jan's rush there isn't much anyone in the division can do against him. And he doesn't seem so eager to rush anymore.
I'm sure Jones can beat a rush

i respect jan but jon would take it reyes was just like a lesser gus who btw beat jan

Jones beats Jan

Jones beats gyno Adesanya

Jones won't come to kickboxer Adesanya he will come with the better fight IQ and fight Adesanya where he wants

Jon's a horrible matchup for Jan. He's got a granite chin and great striking defense. He'd be very cautious though, and it'd be a boring decision win for Jon.

Yes, I thoroughly believe that Jan would knock Jones out. What are you gonna do about it?

Jones has better striking, grappling and probably cardio. Jones would kick his legs from the outside and probably grind Jan down on the cage before subbing him.

It shocking that someone like Jan could become champ. Izzy would wreck him.
You are retarded. You are beyond stupid you inbred motherf...er.

I mean who knows anymore. Jones is definitely getting old and doesn't fight the way he used to. Common sense says his skillset is still likely deep enough to neutralize most of Jan's offense, but Jan always shows up to fight. And seems to struggle mostly against strikers who can outslick him.

It's a closer fight than it used to be. I still take Jones.

Real question is, can Jan beat Anthony Johnson? Because I can see AJ coming back ASAP now. Jan at the end of the day is a slugger, and AJ is the king of slugging it out.
yep pretty mutch no one beats rumble is standing up tho jan maybe able to slep a rear neck cuck over there

Jones doesn't have better striking lol. He got out struck by Reyes and a Santos with no knees. Jones overall game has regressed so much.

He couldn't grapple Santos or Reyes and honestly his grappling/wrestling didn't look that good against Smith. Glover and Raktic both looked better grappling Smith. People always talk about "Oh jon will out wrestle him" about every potential opponent, but he hasn't had an impressive wrestling performance in YEARS.

2020 Jones gets beat up standing against Jan. He might win a Reyes style decision where his inhuman durability allows him to out last Jan but Jan's strikes are more potent than Reyes and Jones non existent boxing would allow Jan's blitz to be really effective because Jon defends himself by just retreating back.

Jon Jones is a great fighter, the fact that he doesn't take MMA that seriously, trains at an outdated gym with a style that isn't improving and still managed to scrape by undefeated shows that. But his days were numbered and he knew it.
I really don't believe his game has regressed as much but rather it has somewhat stagnated. His offense is much more conservative but still intelligent. He was NEVER the best with his boxing.

I believe the game is catching up to him and the top 205ers are bigger and more athletic.

Last edited:
Yeah I think Jan wins. But prime Jones annihilates him. TD followed by destruction if he fought prime Jones.

But prime Jones doesn't exist any longer. I sometimes wonder if you guys actually watch the fights, or just consult wikipedia to say "lol but he has won a bunch of times in a row" and try to get bragging rights from that fact alone

If you actually watched Jon's last three fights you'd see pretty damn clearly.

Jones has been slowing down and squeeking out close decision wins, Jones nearly lost a fight to a guy Jan dispatched very quickly, it wasn't like it was one shot either...Jan landed multiple shots on Reyes.

You'd have to pick Jones but Jan certainly has a chance, no man is unstoppable and if Jones continues to slow down and be an active fighter, he will lose at some point.

Real question is, can Jan beat Anthony Johnson? Because I can see AJ coming back ASAP now. Jan at the end of the day is a slugger, and AJ is the king of slugging it out.

Jan by RNC.

Back