Does anyone actually believe that Jan Balovisk can beat Jonny Bones? Izzy beats Jan

Fedor Emelianenko

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jones has better striking, grappling and probably cardio. Jones would kick his legs from the outside and probably grind Jan down on the cage before subbing him.

It shocking that someone like Jan could become champ. Izzy would wreck him.

Jones doesn't have better striking lol. He got out struck by Reyes and a Santos with no knees. Jones overall game has regressed so much.

He couldn't grapple Santos or Reyes and honestly his grappling/wrestling didn't look that good against Smith. Glover and Raktic both looked better grappling Smith. People always talk about "Oh jon will out wrestle him" about every potential opponent, but he hasn't had an impressive wrestling performance in YEARS.

2020 Jones gets beat up standing against Jan. He might win a Reyes style decision where his inhuman durability allows him to out last Jan but Jan's strikes are more potent than Reyes and Jones non existent boxing would allow Jan's blitz to be really effective because Jon defends himself by just retreating back.

Jon Jones is a great fighter, the fact that he doesn't take MMA that seriously, trains at an outdated gym with a style that isn't improving and still managed to scrape by undefeated shows that. But his days were numbered and he knew it.

Do you think Adesanya can stop takedowns from guys with much bigger frames ?

I mean who knows anymore. Jones is definitely getting old and doesn't fight the way he used to. Common sense says his skillset is still likely deep enough to neutralize most of Jan's offense, but Jan always shows up to fight. And seems to struggle mostly against strikers who can outslick him.

It's a closer fight than it used to be. I still take Jones.

Real question is, can Jan beat Anthony Johnson? Because I can see AJ coming back ASAP now. Jan at the end of the day is a slugger, and AJ is the king of slugging it out.

Jones doesn't have better striking lol. He got out struck by Reyes and Santos. Jones overall game has regressed so much.

He couldn't grapple Santos or Reyes and honestly his grappling/wrestling didn't look that good against Smith. Glover and Raktic both looked better grappling Smith. People always talk about "Oh jon will out wrestle him, but he hasn't had an impressive wrestling performance in YEARS.

2020 Jones gets beat up standing against Jan. He might win a Reyes style decision where his inhuman durability allows him to out last Jan but Jan's strikes are more potent than Reyes.

Jon Jones is a great fighter, the fact that he doesn't take MMA that seriously, trains at an outdated gym with a style that isn't improving and still managed to scrape by undefeated shows that. But his days were numbered and he knew it.
Jones duckign Jan confirmed. Jan has more power and that is it.. Jones has better fight IQ.

Unless someone can outwrestled Jones, his fights nowadays will involved him staying on the outside and pepping his opponents with leg kicks and jabs....

Jones duckign Jan confirmed. Jan has more power and that is it.. Jones has better fight IQ.

Not ducking. It has nothing to do with Jan specifically, i think he thought Reyes would win against Jan and wanted less to do with him than Jan. Jon lost to Santos and Reyes, barely scrapped by close decisions. He is either past it or just doesn't feel like getting into top form to keep doing the LHW thing.

Jan has much better boxing, it's not just power. He's a better combination puncher, counter puncher, better jab. Jones boxing has been shitty in every fight after DC/Jones 2.

Jan is actually a harder kicker too. Jon is a good kicker but Jan is probably better at this point because he can kick in combination. Jon didn't do a single combo with kicks against Reyes.

I mean who knows anymore. Jones is definitely getting old and doesn't fight the way he used to. Common sense says his skillset is still likely deep enough to neutralize most of Jan's offense, but Jan always shows up to fight. And seems to struggle mostly against strikers who can outslick him.

It's a closer fight than it used to be. I still take Jones.

Real question is, can Jan beat Anthony Johnson? Because I can see AJ coming back ASAP now. Jan at the end of the day is a slugger, and AJ is the king of slugging it out.
This is definitely the time for Rumble to return

Izzy doesn't have the genetics to bulk up to LHW effectively... That sudden onset of gyno is veerrryyyyy interesting though......

Izzy beats Jones.

Jan just buzz sawed through LHW. What's left: Jan vs. Jones. No other contenders.

I'd favor Jan in that fight.

I think a lot of people can beat Jones now, Jones is not the same fighter as he was pre USADA his last 8 or 9 fights were almost all decision and he looked very beatable. Lion heart could have won by DQ, Santos and Reyes were extremely close fights which many people believe he lost. I think the writing was on he wall for him to lose very soon.

Jan dominated Reyes who arguably beat Jones. Outside of countering Jan's rush there isn't much anyone in the division can do against him. And he doesn't seem so eager to rush anymore.

Back