Does anybody want to see a third fight between Wilder and Fury?

Not for me. The Joshua fight is the only one I want to see.
Wilder knows he was beaten twice.

If you saw the Fury ITV show they speak to each other on Face Time, they seem to get on quite well and they seem to want to do it. It was quite amusing where Joshua was asking when htey were going to fight, it's been years and they should get it sorted and Fury just laughed saying he only called him up to say hello. It could have been all fake because they knew it was being filmed by they appeared to be having a laugh about it all.

I think that's down to the skill level of most of his opponents. Even them some gave him trouble.

I think Wilder will either go straight back into a Fury rematch or beat some lower down guys that he shouldn't really be fighting just to get him a couple wins. It all really depends on what Haymon thinks is best for him, I think. I highly doubt Haymon will risk him losing against someone not named Fury.
That's why I was surprised that Fury TKO'd him. Wilder ate plenty of punches from stronger fighters and his chin in my opinion was pretty proven. Vs Fury who is presumably not a hard puncher, he looked wobbly the second or third round. That earshot completely fucked up his balance. He slipped and fell in the third I think as well. After that eating so many direct shots did him in. Only the toughest granite chins could have stood up after such an onslaught and while I believe Wilder's chin is pretty decent, it's nowhere near good enough to allow him to Homer Simpson his way vs a top heavyweight.

I think the TKO was more so to the earshot than his chin not being good but we'll know that in the third fight if there is one.

I understood it back then because he had taken up boxing pretty late and got by on raw athleticism and physical strength alone but after all this time he should have gotten some basics right but still didn't.

Why do people still use the he only started at 20 as an excuse?

Wilder is 34 and has been boxing for 14 years.
Joshua started at 18, he's 30 and has been boxing for 12 years but no one says anything like that about him. Whatever you think of him as a boxer, he can box.
Joe Joyce started boxing at 22, he's been boxing for 12 years too but he knows how to box behind a jab too.

Why do people still use the he only started at 20 as an excuse?

Wilder is 34 and has been boxing for 14 years.
Joshua started at 18, he's 30 and has been boxing for 12 years but no one says anything like that about him. Whatever you think of him as a boxer, he can box.
Joe Joyce started boxing at 22, he's been boxing for 12 years too but he knows how to box behind a jab too.
Did you even read what I said? I literally said it shouldn't be an excuse because he's been fighting for too long to still be this raw.

No. Wilder can't adjust and will look to land the right. Same plan same result.

That's why I was surprised that Fury TKO'd him. Wilder ate plenty of punches from stronger fighters and his chin in my opinion was pretty proven. Vs Fury who is presumably not a hard puncher, he looked wobbly the second or third round. That earshot completely fucked up his balance. He slipped and fell in the third I think as well. After that eating so many direct shots did him in. Only the toughest granite chins could have stood up after such an onslaught and while I believe Wilder's chin is pretty decent, it's nowhere near good enough to allow him to Homer Simpson his way vs a top heavyweight.

I think the TKO was more so to the earshot than his chin not being good but we'll know that in the third fight if there is one.
I disagree on his chin. He'd obviously only been knocked down once in his career before in an early fight of his, but he'd been rocked by fighters a world champion has no business being rocked by. Szpilka and Washington are two that come to mind. I think the two top guys he's fought have been Ortiz and Fury and they've both given him trouble with his chin as well. AJ gets rocked a lot too, so I'd be really interested to see if Fury could fuck him up too.

Did you even read what I said? I literally said it shouldn't be an excuse because he's been fighting for too long to still be this raw.

Well I quoted it so I guess I did. Did I say why are YOU using it as an excuse or why do PEOPLE use it as an excuse?
If you READ what I said I'm confirming what you initially said. He should be better than he is but knocking out bums for the first 5 years of his professional career probably didn't help. Other fighters who also started late can box.

Well I quoted it so I guess I did. Did I say why are YOU using it as an excuse or why do PEOPLE use it as an excuse?
If you READ what I said I'm confirming what you initially said. He should be better than he is but knocking out bums for the first 5 years of his professional career probably didn't help. Other fighters who also started late can box.
Misunderstanding on my part then, my bad.

I disagree on his chin. He'd obviously only been knocked down once in his career before in an early fight of his, but he'd been rocked by fighters a world champion has no business being rocked by. Szpilka and Washington are two that come to mind. I think the two top guys he's fought have been Ortiz and Fury and they've both given him trouble with his chin as well. AJ gets rocked a lot too, so I'd be really interested to see if Fury could fuck him up too.
You might be right on that but I really expected him to have no trouble taking Fury’s shots. Mind you, I don’t think his chin is amazing or anything just adequate enough to withstand blows from a presumably not so hard puncher.

Hopefully this thread hasn't been made as yet (don't see it on the first couple of pages), but does anyone have any interest in seeing a third fight?

I love both fighters, but I was rooting for Wilder in both instances. First fight was a legendary battle, with high drama and a controversial result (I had Fury winning on points, but Wilder came within a hair of KO'ing him)

Second fight was..... a prolonged beating. After the first round and knockdown, Wilder had nothing for Fury. In every other Wilder fight, including his last with Ortiz where he was getting soundly outpointed, I always felt that he only needed one bomb to end it. In this fight, I was more anxious about him getting really hurt, than I was over him getting his right hand off.

He stumbled around the ring, and it obvious he couldn't deal with Fury's weight and physicality. I don't see a third fight going much differently, with the exception of Wilder being able to avoid getting KOd and fight to a lackluster decision loss.

Teddy Atlas said it best - Deontay Wilder is not a boxer. He was born with a tremendous and ferocious power, but if he didn't land, a more skilled fighter was going to beat him. It happened tonight, and I see it happening again in a 3rd fight.

I still think Wilder beats the brakes off of AJ and Ruiz. He is still the 2nd best active HW in the world, and I think he has some exciting fights ahead of him. Fury however has his number.
I would pay for a rematch. Having Fury destroys completely would do wonders for his carrier internationally as the killer of yankee champs. Wilder is a one hit wonder.

You might be right on that but I really expected him to have no trouble taking Fury’s shots. Mind you, I don’t think his chin is amazing or anything just adequate enough to withstand blows from a presumably not so hard puncher.
I don't think anybody really thought Fury was gonna finish him. The most high profile fighter he finished was Chisora in 2014 and that was because Chisora's corner didn't let him continue fight in between the 10th and 11th round.

I don't think anybody really thought Fury was gonna finish him. The most high profile fighter he finished was Chisora in 2014 and that was because Chisora's corner didn't let him continue fight in between the 10th and 11th round.
its obvious the difference that training with sugarhill has had

Hopefully this thread hasn't been made as yet (don't see it on the first couple of pages), but does anyone have any interest in seeing a third fight?

I love both fighters, but I was rooting for Wilder in both instances. First fight was a legendary battle, with high drama and a controversial result (I had Fury winning on points, but Wilder came within a hair of KO'ing him)

Second fight was..... a prolonged beating. After the first round and knockdown, Wilder had nothing for Fury. In every other Wilder fight, including his last with Ortiz where he was getting soundly outpointed, I always felt that he only needed one bomb to end it. In this fight, I was more anxious about him getting really hurt, than I was over him getting his right hand off.

He stumbled around the ring, and it obvious he couldn't deal with Fury's weight and physicality. I don't see a third fight going much differently, with the exception of Wilder being able to avoid getting KOd and fight to a lackluster decision loss.

Teddy Atlas said it best - Deontay Wilder is not a boxer. He was born with a tremendous and ferocious power, but if he didn't land, a more skilled fighter was going to beat him. It happened tonight, and I see it happening again in a 3rd fight.

I still think Wilder beats the brakes off of AJ and Ruiz. He is still the 2nd best active HW in the world, and I think he has some exciting fights ahead of him. Fury however has his number.

I don't think we need to see a 3rd. Lets get Joshua vs Fury. It will happen.

Wilder hasn't fought Joshua, most of the rest of the top HWs or guys with serious power. Hes beaten 1 top fighter in Ortiz, who was already 40 and has no top names on his resume either. It is absolute guess work having him concensus no 2 until he fights the better guys at HW.

Back