Does anybody think...

eternaldarkness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
that excessive weight cuts could be contributing to the number of severe injuries. Weight cutting is dangerous in mma it's practically madness in boxing.

Actually, no. I don't. Not to be contrarian, I just don't think it matters since they get the 24 hours to re-hydrate. It's the safest approach and allows for the maximum benefit to the head/brain we can institute.

Actually, no. I don't. Not to be contrarian, I just don't think it matters since they get the 24 hours to re-hydrate. It's the safest approach and allows for the maximum benefit to the head/brain we can institute.
He did specify “excessive weight cut” the 24hrs is hardly enough to rehydrate after an excessive cut

Maybe a factor but I think its just smacking the back of the head off the canvas while out cold. All these injuries are guys going down the same way.

Maybe a factor but I think its just smacking the back of the head off the canvas while out cold. All these injuries are guys going down the same way.
Haven't really seen many of the fights. It was just a thought considering the recent spike.

It's not healthier than weighing them every day for a month, is it? Why just make them meet the limit once right before the fight?

I think people overrate weight.

These guys are so mentally weak that they physically weaken their frame by starving into the lowest weight class possible

It's like James Vick in ufc...i laughed so fucking hard when he ate 2 of the exact same overhand hooky punches in back to back fights getting knocked unconscious. Eat those overhands by midgets you fuckin concentration camp lookin bitch! Yesterday was even funnier because some people thought the loud pop was his jaw snapping on the upkick

7qwU9zf.gif

It's not healthier than weighing them every day for a month, is it? Why just make them meet the limit once right before the fight?
LOL you think that a fighter would dehydrate every single day just to meet a weight requirement for a month?! Of course it would be healthier. How well do you think their training would be if they were dehydrated every single day for a month? No one is going to do that.

They will cut as much as they conceivably can prior to the month, stay less than hydrated for a month, and it might indeed be less healthy. I don't know. What I do know is since there have been weight considerations in combat sports, nearly all men have sought to give themselves whatever advantage they perceive from cutting weight. It's not going to stop. They will work around any parameters in order to cut as much weight as they can. They won't suddenly just start fighting at their walking weight. Never. Just my opinion.

WBC has 30 day weights-ins. I am not sure what the limit over is but they don't want people cutting more than 20lb in the last 30days or somwthing

Back