Does anybody think Anderson might really be telling the truth?

Stinger911

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hear me out.

Anderson is a technique fighter. Always has been. He has never relied on strength. His speed aided him, but above and beyond strength and speed, Anderson's gift was his impeccable technique and his genius level fight IQ.

In light of this, I honestly don't see Anderson as the kind of person who would juice, because he is a guy who understands that technique is paramount and prioritizes it above all else. And roids cannot give you better technique.

I know it's in vogue to hate on the man and make fun of him. And yes the evidence is pretty damning. But deep down, in my heart of hearts, I honestly don't believe Anderson would knowingly juice.

Thoughts?

Technique is fine if you keep it standing, but the extra strength still helps you hit harder (*cough* Forrest Griffin KO).

The extra strength and endurance also helps when you're forced to grapple, especially athletes that are stronger than you. Anderson ended up on his back against a number of fighters.

So yes, Anderson's technique can be great, but that technique can be made less relevant if your opponent is a lot stronger or a better grappler or has a good chin.

Hey, t.s. I've got some oceanfront property in Idaho if you're interested.

If he is, he and his team did a terrible job of preparing a solid case.

I doubt it. Doesn't really matter. My opinion of him as a fighter hasn't changed.

TS, how many times have you changed religion when a couple guys on bikes knock on your door?

Technique is fine if you keep it standing, but the extra strength still helps you hit harder (*cough* Forrest Griffin KO).

The extra strength and endurance also helps when you're forced to grapple, especially athletes that are stronger than you. Anderson ended up on his back against a number of fighters.

So yes, Anderson's technique can be great, but that technique can be made less relevant if your opponent is a lot stronger or a better grappler or has a good chin.

The Griffin fight is the worst example you can use. He completely relied on technique in that fight and embarrassed Griffin like we've never seen before. It had nothing to do with any increased strength. Forrest should've retired after that fight.

The extra strength and endurance from also helps when you're forced to grapple, especially athletes that are stronger than you. Anderson ended up on his back against a number of fighters.

You honestly think he juiced against Forrest Griffin? Forrest had no chance. Forrest was a plodding brawler. Anderson was a pinpoint accurate counter puncher. Forrest was tailor made to get blown up by Andy, much like Leben.

If he is, he and his team did a terrible job of preparing a solid case.

That's entirely possible. But let's look at it like this. If they really wanted to lie, they could've constructed a much better lie, a more believable one. The penis pills defense reflected poorly on Andy (embarrassing) and is goofy as hell to begin with.

If they really wanted to sell a lie, they could've come up with a more elaborate one. Like, say the doctor prescribed him the steroid when he was healing his leg, or the doctor mixed up a medication for the leg, etc. etc.

Uh, since when is saying "I plead the fifth" repeatedly considered "telling the truth?" Maybe Mark Fuhrman was telling the truth, too.

anchorman-gif-i-dont-believe-you-pictures-1.gif

Still the GOAT though.

The Griffin fight is the worst example you can use. He completely relied on technique in that fight and embarrassed Griffin like we've never seen before. It had nothing to do with any increased strength. Forrest should've retired after that fight.

Exactly.

suck it up buttercup, he popped for it.

facts = facts = good math

Uh, since when is saying "I plead the fifth" repeatedly considered "telling the truth?" Maybe Mark Fuhrman was telling the truth, too.

[YT]mdeo7Q2E5cE[/YT]

The only people that think that still haven't accepted in their heart that he's a juicing cheater.

The sooner you come to terms with it the sooner you can heal.

If he were to use a better example , it would be only be when Anderson was dragging Franklin in the Muay thai clinch like he was a child. But even then, you can clearly see Anderson has incredible technique. Everything that Anderson has done inside the octagon has been based on being technically sound and having extreme precision. The only fights where he lacked this was the second Weidman fight and the Diaz fight.

Anyone who believes his story is a gullible moron.

If he were to use a better example , it would be only be when Anderson was dragging Franklin in the Muay thai clinch like he was a child. But even then, you can clearly see Anderson has incredible technique. Everything that Anderson has done inside the octagon has been based on being technically sound and having extreme precision. The only fights where he lacked this was the second Weidman fight and the Diaz fight.

I thought he still had very good technique in the Diaz fight but was noticeably more tentative and fought way safer than usual. Seemed like he just wanted the W to regain his confidence in that fight.

But yeah what you're saying above is on point.

It just doesn't make sense to me that someone so heavily reliant on technique would believe he'd confer to himself any meaningful fight advantage from juicing.

I believed him since the news broke and he denied it.

And stated so.

Fucking hell...sometimes the stupidity from some posters on here surprises me, and that's with the expectation that I have that there will be some dumb posts.

For t.s. and anyone else too daft to comprehend this: what makes you think that athletes juice for the sole reason of gaining strength? Juicing also benefits endurance, which allows athletes to train longer and harder, thus allowing them to... improve their technique!

Back