Does anybody take Nutrabolics??

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by DI99, Oct 4, 2010.

1. DI99

DI99 Brown Belt

just wondering if anybody takes nutrabolics and if so, which type? i notice there is alot of different kinds, like fighters food, hyperwhey, waxybolic, etc.
    i just recently started going back to the gym 5 times a week, and i do muay thai 3 times a week, so i figured i would try to find some good protein/supplements to use to add a bit of muscle and stay toned

2. mimo

mimo Brown Belt

Never heard of it but it sounds awfully gimmicky?

3. DI99

DI99 Brown Belt

one of shoguns sponsors haha

4. mimo

mimo Brown Belt

Still sounds gimmicky, like the names they make up to see hair products to women.

5. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

Don't get attached to brands in the supplement world. Generally, if it is a useful supplement at all (like whey), there are numerous branded and unbranded sources of similar quality.

If you get hung up on brands, you'll almost certainly end up paying a prodigious amount of money for something you could have had much more inexpensively if you had paid attention to the supplement itself.

6. DI99

DI99 Brown Belt

yeah its whey, and thanks for the advice. what do you recommend as some of the top quality brands to get the job done that are fairly cheap?

7. dropshot001

dropshot001 Red Belt

trueprotein.com is what i use exclusively for all my supplements. they actually supply a lot of the industry with their raw materials so if you go to them direct then you are actually just bypassing the markup.

8. DI99

DI99 Brown Belt

thanks

9. Stun Gun

Stun Gun Green Belt

It looks like a nice product but a little expensive.

10. DI99

DI99 Brown Belt

thats what i was thinking. the vitamins and fiber in it mixed with the protein seems great, but i dont know alot about supplements yet so im sure there may be others around with the same thing, and cheaper, maybe not?

11. dropshot001

dropshot001 Red Belt

when it comes to mixing stuff together, i personally prefer to get all the ingredients separately and then mix it in as i see fit (minus vitamins and stuff like that). yes, it takes a little more time, but it doesn't "lock" me into one particular formula and i can customize things the way that i want. for example, if you get psyllium fiber separate and the protein separate then you can combine more or less fiber into your shakes as you see fit (maybe pwo you don't want fiber, but if you are using it as a during the day shake you do want the fiber in it for example). it just gives you a little more flexibility.

12. Arpie

Arpie Orange Belt

Find the active ingredients of many branded supplements, forget the other "additives" that only bulk up the ingredient list. Many gimmicky supplements have lots of ingredients but in amounts so small individually that almost no benefits will be felt.

13. ozbrawler

ozbrawler Orange Belt

ive used there post workout drink and loved it. the taste is good , mixes well etc etc but i also dont believe that all the shit they say is in the product is in there. they use lot of ethyl esters and that sort of thing to enhance digestion but i think they are bullshitting a bit.